Columbia 'Nooks

B
beaverfan
Heading out this morning to do some Nook fishin' on the big CR out of Troutdale. Should be a nice morning out there, hopefully I'll get something to brag about. Wish me luck! Time to drown the skunk!

K
Kodiak
come back with that thing I'm sending helga and olga to do a house call...It won't be pretty!

D
Dan Feller
Good luck!

I'm supposed to be heading up there to Chinook Landing tomorrow at 3:00 AM (gates open at 4:30) if my friend gets his new water pump installed today. Otherwise I think I'm going to the mouth of the Lewis in my boat.

Good luck again and give us a report when you get back!

K
koboabe
good luck man

B
beaverfan
Well I came home and found Olga at my door. Said she could smell the stench from miles away. There was probably 50-60 boats saw 5 fish landed between 8-12. Not so much as a nibble for our boat. I did check out the mouth of the Sandy. Didn't have any spinners so I casted out a buzz bomb. Didn't get anything but marked a lot of fish on the depth finder. Gotta go Olga says it's time for my meds.

H
here2fish
yah I was out today as well and didn't get anything, only saw 2 fish with guides. I was hoping for some good fishing with the moon and all. I talked to odfw dude posted on the D and he was expecting a busy day but said he only checked two fish on the Columbia and 0 on the D.

hmmmmm... maybe I shouldnt fish on days when the nets are out:(

M
mgdguy
Brother sent me this pic - caught it about an hour ago on the C. While I'm at work :rolleyes:

H
here2fish
Gnarly! is that from a net or sea lion?

M
mgdguy
He said it look like it's from a sea lion...

K
koboabe
that fish is having a rough day...

F
Fishtopher
Man! That fish was lunch, made a getaway, and ended up being dinner! What a lucky fish!:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Looks like from a Net and a Lion.

A
Airs98
It was a very slow day on Columbia around Portland y'day, however, the ODFW guy at the ramp told me that they were killing 'em at Kelso (mouth of Cowlitz), 66 fish were counted there vs just a few around Portland.

K
Kodiak
Looks like he went all the way forward through a gill net...Look carefully at the bottom of mark #3 from the front. It looks Like an upsidedown "y"with a slight oblong dot where the Y comes together then at the top a nother line coming in like this >. Those marks are consistent with nets. The large superficial bruising is caused by the fish forcing his way through the net and the constriction. I'm glad your brother caught that fish as the wounds are pretty deep and probably would have been sturgeon bait around bonneville.

M
mgdguy
Kodiak said:
Looks like he went all the way forward through a gill net...Look carefully at the bottom of mark #3 from the front. It looks Like an upsidedown "y"with a slight oblong dot where the Y comes together then at the top a nother line coming in like this >. Those marks are consistent with nets. The large superficial bruising is caused by the fish forcing his way through the net and the constriction. I'm glad your brother caught that fish as the wounds are pretty deep and probably would have been sturgeon bait around bonneville.

He's very glad he caught it as well! :lol:

L
luv2fish
the fish outsped the nets but couldn't outsped your brother's boat....o well destined for doom...;)