Colubia River sturgeon

S
Smoked Ribs
I'm looking to get more bank fishing in after work and am asking if anyone would like to share a Sturgeon hole or two anywhere along Marine Dr. between the PDX and Troutdale?

Thanks

H
Herefishyfishy
I can't remember the dang name of the exit now! If your headed east on 84 its the one before rooster rock park. Corbett!!! The way I used to do it before I got my boat going was to goto rooster rock and turn around, take the Corbett exit going west and pull over to the side, you'll see where I mean, and climb down the bank. You will see all the rock piles for pole holders and fish anywhere along there. I've seen tons of keepers pulled out of that spot, only got shakers myself, but it is a good bank spot.

B
beaverfan
Herefishyfishy said:
I can't remember the dang name of the exit now! If your headed east on 84 its the one before rooster rock park. Corbett!!! The way I used to do it before I got my boat going was to goto rooster rock and turn around, take the Corbett exit going west and pull over to the side, you'll see where I mean, and climb down the bank. You will see all the rock piles for pole holders and fish anywhere along there. I've seen tons of keepers pulled out of that spot, only got shakers myself, but it is a good bank spot.

Wrong location, I believe he wanted info on spots off of Marine Dr.

I have fished that area a few times with no luck. The problem is every spot I found had a very gradual drop off, so even with a long rod and a bunch of weight you still aren't fishing ideal water. So if you can find a spot that drops off a little quicker than the spots I found you might be able to get something. I have heard of people catching a few small ones at Chinook Landing but like I said I've had no luck in the area. Drive up and down Marine Dr. looking for spots that look they drop off and are fairly deep. The only thing I've caught in that stretch of river are Bass, Carp and Pikeminnow. The closest Sturgeon spot to that area that I know of is Kelly Point Park.

T
troutmasta
Herefishyfishy said:

Thats a great spot! Ive fished it and seen many others fish it. Its worth the extra little gas. Marine drive is no bueno but Herefishyfishy is right is a great spot and you should have some sucess there. Hope that helps. GOOD LUCK!
Ive got some other "secret" stugeon holes on the willy if you want pm me and I'll tell you about em-
Troutmasta.

T
The Nothing
Washington's definitely got the deeper water on the Columbia, so much of that stretch is pretty tough. Kelly Pt, as mentioned, is your best bet. You can also try the beach at the Glisan Launch. You'll need a good arm, but it can be done there.

S
Smoked Ribs
Thanks for the information everybody, I've some scouting and fishing to do...