Collawash river

N
nativefish
can anyone give directions to the collawash, i am thinking it is just off of 224 if you go through estacada. are there any mile markers or any trails near the creek that would provide access to it? and any tips or information other than this stuff would be useful as well. thanks

B
beaverfan
Ya that's how you get there, take a look at the area on a map or better yet google maps. There are roads that follow much of the stream. Make sure you check the regs I know bait is off limits and it may even be c&r only. Good luck!

O
OnTheFly
224 turns into 46 after you pass Ripplebrook ranger station. Look for the 63 turn off and you're there.

N
nativefish
thanks i plan on being out there at the but crack of dawn. got it on the maps, should be an experience to try to figure it out or see whats up

F
FishFinger
It's a nice trib. There's a nice hole there by the bridge. In years past they stocked it, but i can't say for sure any more. Lot's of wonderful pocket water and plenty of huge boulders.

Have fun

N
nativefish
didn't fish under the bridge, but got into more than a handful of fish. Actually hooked up on my second cast, couldnt believe it. definitely will be back for the shear amout of fish i got into regardless of size lol