Coldddddddddd coastal hos

J
JeannaJigs
Got the last minute itch to go fishing after watching the weather all week, and deciding the weather man was probably full of it about the snow and what not, so last night made quick plans to steal Andy and his boat to head to the coast. Decided it was time to finally hit Tahkenitch. There's a ton of fish, but not many biters today. I got a darker little ho on a smaller North Country spinner. Having only one spot on my tag left, he was safely released to swim another day and create more little hos for my future fishing exploits 4-5 years from now.

b1b6c0ee.jpg

After that, Andy had one take down that didn't stick, caught a bass, and that was it for Tahkenitch. Freezing and drenched we decided it was too slow and cold to not be getting into fish, so we packed up and headed back up 101 to Siltcoos.

Lost track of all time, no clue what time we got there, only know that we left at dark and my Jeep looked mighty lonely in the parking lot by itself. Andy got into a nice ho, and as soon as I netted it and got it in the boat for him to deal with, I cast my line back out, and bam, fish on immediately. Almost had to net my fish, with his fish still in the net. It was 'controlled chaos'. I got my little scrapper of a hen to the boat, snapped a quick picture on my phone, and carefully put her back in the drink where she took off like a silver bullet, to also further improve my future fishing exploits.

8f9595e0.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish! you and andy really have that fishery on siltcoos in the net Ha. ya think all the fish in siltcoos would be dark and nasty by now but i guess not. im sure tahkenitch will heat up in a week or two. thanks for sharin the pics,

brandon

J
JeannaJigs
That fish from siltcoos was straight from the salt. The dam has been open for several days, lots of fresh fish coming in. These lakes fish later than other systems. Been fishing these lakes since they first opened, last year was a slow year, first time i haven't got my yearly limit, but this year has been pretty decent. And Tahkenitch is loaded but they aren't biting so much. Yesterday was supposedly a good day. No shortage of fish though, they're everywhere in both lakes. Just hopin' the water temp hovers where it's at and doesn't drop much below 50 before the weekend.

F
fishingfreak
NIce Job Beautiful Fish!

C
Chedster
Good job guys, must have been the sweatshirt that did it! Go Beavs!

brandon4455
brandon4455
wasn't it suppose to get colder next week? if it does thats gunna suck cause it will give those fish lockjaw faster then you can rig yer rod. :/ ive found that lake fishing is more touchy with the temp then rivers.

C
Chrome_Chaser
Good job guys. Were they rolling every where in both lakes?

J
JeannaJigs
Chedster said:
Good job guys, must have been the sweatshirt that did it! Go Beavs!
Id agree if Andy had gotten skunked again ;)

Chrome_Chaser said:
Good job guys. Were they rolling every where in both lakes?
Some in Tahkenitch but not much as compared to siltcoos.

brandon4455 said:
wasn't it suppose to get colder next week? if it does thats gunna suck cause it will give those fish lockjaw faster then you can rig yer rod. :/ ive found that lake fishing is more touchy with the temp then rivers.

Probably. If I could pull some fish leave, err sick leave. I'd be over there Tuesday.

brandon4455
brandon4455
JeannaJigs said:
Id agree if Andy had gotten skunked again ;)

Some in Tahkenitch but not much as compared to siltcoos.

Probably. If I could pull some fish leave, err sick leave. I'd be over there Tuesday.

go in to work and go *coug cough* i have chrome fever i think i need a boat and a rod.

L
lilsalmon
Sweet!!!! I envy you....grrrrrr...me and my clumsiness prevents me from being on the water Good job you two.....

C
Chrome_Chaser
Are you holding off on tagging out for a BIG fish? That one you caught was a nice chromer.

B
BobbiDollPDX
I should knit you a hoodie for this cold weather.

Nice fish!

J
JeannaJigs
brandon4455 said:
go in to work and go *coug cough* i have chrome fever i think i need a boat and a rod.

My new boss is evil and everyone I work with knows it's fishing season, and knows I don't get sick lol

J
JeannaJigs
Chrome_Chaser said:
Are you holding off on tagging out for a BIG fish? That one you caught was a nice chromer.

Holding out for a big fatty, I know they're in there.

J
JeannaJigs
BobbiDollPDX said:
I should knit you a hoodie for this cold weather.

Nice fish!

Lol i would totally rock a knitted hoodie this winter!

brandon4455
brandon4455
JeannaJigs said:
Holding out for a big fatty, I know they're in there.

i didn't settle for the best last year. but it was my biggest ho. 17lbs 4oz BAM!

lets see you break the 20lb mark jeanna.

T
Thuggin4Life
Guess i gotta make my own thread. Was another great day on the water. 3 hours of sleep and woke up still tasting the drink from the night before and could still smell the kills from the boat. didn't have time to make a thread last night after slaying them with bfishin. Still booking "guided" trips. 9 trips 13 fish in the boat! pretty cool to be home cleaning fish and get the word that you are getting boat jacked and drug out into the elements for another swing at it.

O
OnTheFly
Thuggin4Life said:
Guess i gotta make my own thread. Was another great day on the water. 3 hours of sleep and woke up still tasting the drink from the night before and could still smell the kills from the boat. didn't have time to make a thread last night after slaying them with bfishin. Still booking "guided" trips. 9 trips 13 fish in the boat! pretty cool to be home cleaning fish and get the word that you are getting boat jacked and drug out into the elements for another swing at it.

Hey Andy, You and me tomorrow. I'll be at your house at 5:30 in the am. Just kidding. Get some rest. Good job both of you.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
WoooHooo Ho! Way to go you two!

I feel your pain,Rose!

kirkster
kirkster
Dam girl you are just flat gettin jiggy wid it. You da bomb