Cold water...Big Fish!!!

A
adambomb
Hit a couple private ponds today went 2-5 at one and 1-1 at another. The one in the second pic was at least 20", maybe 24" but that was as close as I got to him. First fish was 17" and fought like crazy!! These are definitely not your ODFW pellet heads. Both ponds had 1.5'-3' visibility and were very cold. #2 Blue Fox in picture was the lure of the day, I think with the low water temps and semi cloudy water the extra noise of the Blue Fox make a difference. 131112.jpg 13111.jpg

N
nwkiller
nice job man, nice pics

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice trout!!!!

F
fishingfreak
Nice! Great Job Buddy!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Sounds like you had a blast!! Great fish and pictures!!!

S
steelhead_slayer
nice fish. that one in the water is a beast

S
skunk
Very nice fish, and in the winter too!!!

L
lilsalmon
nice.....very nice

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice trout !

R
rainbowfisherman
Sweet!

troutdude
troutdude
Very nice fish. But, are my eyes playing tricks on me? It appears as though the hook, penetrated from outside the mouth and into the mouth. If I'm correct, then I hope it was released (as it would be foul hooked).

If, however, I'm mistaken about any of this please let me know.

A
adambomb
I think your right troutdude, I didn't even notice that, I was in such a hurry to snap a quick pic pull the hook and get him back in the water. I can tell you one thing for sure, you might not land as many fish with a single hook, but the ones you do hook get landed for sure!

troutdude
troutdude
I had a hunch, that you had indeed released it unharmed. I thought it might be good to remind all of the OFF readers; that the hook IN the mouth rule was updated in the reg's this year.

It really was a nice fish, and it looks like you had a good time too. Cool.

G
GottaLoveFishing
Very nice.

M
Moe
Thats some nice trout, way to go!

G
Growbug
Wow.. nice trout..