Lakes Crane Prairie Reservoir Fishing Reports

troutdude
troutdude
Great report!!! Nice pics too. And you didn't get skunked. Well done. I had no idea that CP held any cats.

How was the water level? It looked low in one pic. But looked normal in other pics.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I've never been there before, but I would say it looked full to me? Water is pretty much at large vegetation

Does it drain in the winter?

One of the photos was of Davis lake, which did look really low, any explanation for all the dead trees? Last of the primary growth is dead but standing?

fromthelogo
fromthelogo
Glad you had some luck and I think you were smart to get out of there before the weekend crowd arrived.

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
bass
bass
Another great report and great pics!

W
wils
Launched out of Quinn pre-sunrise. Bass are in late post-spawn mode. Tuesday had 10 in the 3#-8# size by 7:30. all on the popper. None wanted the worm in the morning. Went back to the same spot later and they took the worm.

Today 7/31 they only wanted the worm at sunrise and they were dispersing by 10AM. Half a dozen in the 2#-5# size today before 7AM
LOTS of folk anchored up in the Quinn channel for the trout with a few kokes heard about. Lots of "nats" and no algae in this part of the lake. As always, saw lots of nice trout in the trees while looking for bass

I'll be launching out of the marina next week to see what that part of the lake has to offer these days.

Reactions: Aervax
Irishrover
Irishrover
That's a beautiful lake. Going to make it a point to get back over there. Sounds like you found some action.

Reactions: wils
W
wils
Thanks to the oh-so endangered frog, they can't draw the water down below 65% any more.

The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
Crane Prairie is quite good on most areas of the lake, including the Deschutes entry side, the Quinn Channel, Rock Creek at the point and Cultus Channel areas are worth fishing and will be for the next 5 weeks until it closes.

Top Bottom