Cold coast but hot fishing

N

nwkiller

Yesterday I went too the coast again, searchin for ling cods....couldnt fish the main channel, wind was blowing 30 and sooooo cold, u could only cast a few times before ur face froze....not to mention the tide was ripping out insanely fast, ten pound couldnt get you down, so we hit the vents. Got into some really nice fish, a couple we hadnt caught from that area before. Like a nice 13 inch Quilback, beautiful fish.
DSCF8868.jpg
We hooked a couple shy cabezones, took these amazing picture before the release.
DSCF8871.jpg
DSCF8874.jpg
DSCF8869.jpg
first cab wasn't even hooked, stuborn fish just held the bait all the way up, shows you how aggresive they are. Hooked a couple nice perch and a 3 Red Rock crab. one was super nice, probably bigger then ive seen, though he was the keeper ling. there claws are huge, got some nice pics of him..
DSCF8861.jpg
DSCF8863.jpg
he acually came off the hook like they always do right at the top. but i was quick enough to grab him by the pintcher and bring him in. it was an awesome day, and i got some footage, even of the grab catch...threw together a video....enjoy

M

Moe

Great job, always enjoy your posts. THat was really cool video too i loved the music lol. Great pictures of the fish too.

Gunga

Gunga

Awesome day it looks like. What kind of bait were you using. Me and my uncle want to go out his week either thursday or wednesday. And what do you look for like what kind of water or enviroment would you suggest to look for.

S

skunk

Nice post, you said cold and then I see you in t-shirt. Weather must have cooperated for you.

C

colbypearson

LOOKS AWESOME! i can't wait to get back out there

N

nwkiller

thanks moe, i love making those little videos

youngfishtyler we were using sand shrimp, worms will work some days too. as far as the water i look for. when its low tide, find the deepest pockets you can, when its high tide anywhere off the rocks should bring fish...becareful though the ocean can change in seconds out on those rocks. a lot of people like to fish closer to the shore....good luck

Skunk..thats just my freind "the polar bear" he can where a shirt when everyone else if froxe and can't stay warm...lol if you stayed low on the rocks the wind wasn't bad and the blistering wind was the killer.

Thanks TS

Waco cameras can be decieving, it was the usaul Oregon sun...Blinding, And a good tool to light your way...but as far a warm....me behind the camera was in hoodie and waders..lol

Thanks Colby, I love catching fish in the ocean, you truely never know what ur gonna get!!

B

bythesea

are you fishing in that triangle @ winchester bay? what about the ocean side have you fished it? I've been wanting to go down their and give it a try.By the way nice vid and fish report,thanks....FISH-ON!!!

N

nwkiller

Bythesae, yep I love fishing the ocean side of the triangle, unless its ripping and roaring, got swept off a few years back, now when the ocean speaks...i listen lol

N

nwkiller

Thanks BT...Love your profile pic..lol

N

nwkiller

thanks AJ, yep, those rocks a sketchy, not to mention the sneaker waves

N

nwkiller

Thanks TB, when the weather is right and the fish are in...i feel like its the most amazing place on earth!!

N

nwkiller

thanks TT, never fail to have agood day out on the coast