Salmon 2019 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irishrover
Irishrover
The wind and swell sure put a damper on the ocean fishing. Small craft advisory and bumpy water are keeping most folks tied to the dock.

TODAY N wind 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt, rising to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves N 4 ft at 5 seconds. NW swell 5 ft at 9 seconds.

SAT N wind 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves N 4 ft at 6 seconds. NW swell 5 ft at 9 seconds.

Monday and Tuesday looking good.

I do enjoy fishing the ocean, but not thrilled to be tied to the dock. This picture below from last year is driving my desire to go fishing.

• IMG_0158.JPG
Reactions: troutdude, rogerdodger and Raincatcher
P
pinstriper
Don’t be thrown OFF by the fact that we used the G-town fish table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin and rogerdodger
Irishrover
Irishrover
This first part of August has been fantastic with the great ocean conditions. We really enjoy the coho fishery and it has been good all week. Hoochies and diver do the trick.

Reactions: Raincatcher, Admin and GaryP1958
Irishrover
Irishrover
It was another long day on a flat ocean. The fish slept in and did not wake up for the bite until afternoon. We landed 2 non clipped coho, one on a pink hoochie and one on a green hoochie. Both at 35 on the line counter in 170 fow. The bonus was a hog of a chinook, 60 on the line counter in 170 fow. The water temeps were high today 59.8 on the hight end. With warm surface temps we figured the fish would be deeper. We were fishing for coho at 30 feet when the chinook took the hoochie and ran with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
there were lots of happy people on Tanners boat today, for a variety of reasons. yeah, a good day.

Reactions: Reel_Deal, troutdude and pinstriper
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
finally got the video together from my float last month with Tanner's Guide Service, I still can't believe that plug popped out right as Tanner put it into the net, no second chances on this big buck...

Reactions: Markk, cddunn and playhooky
my2labs
my2labs
Best day I’ve had in awhile.

Reactions: Admin, Hooked Up, C_Run and 1 other person
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I had the final count at 10 salmon (6 chinook, 4 coho) landed to Tanner's drift boat yesterday, Hobster got us started and checked OFF 'catching a salmon from a boat' when the plug rod went off at first light just seconds after he got it into the rod holder. no touch/no net releases on all the fish we didn't tag, most we just cut the leader. fine day on the river.

Reactions: Admin, Raincatcher and my2labs
my2labs
my2labs
This guy is going to be my first in the smoker.

He really darkened over time while I fished for the next few hours. I know he’s not super bright at all but the change was pretty drastic today. If he was as dark as he was when I got home, I wouldn’t have kept him.

Caught a lil wild native jack at a different spot later and was able to let a little boy (probably 5 or so) quickly hold and release him. That was the best part of the trip.

Reactions: Admin, Markk, playhooky and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Found a couple beauties today. Released 2 others and lost 2 more.

Had the Wilson to myself!

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.