Coho regs update for lakes

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
important update that confirms previous years 1 adult/1jack per day limit continues to apply on Siltcoos and Tahkenitch. (these details were missing in the new Regs booklet and online version). cheers, roger

September 28, 2016

Salem, Ore. – Fishery managers issued a temporary rule today to clarify bag limit regulations for the wild coho salmon fisheries in Siltcoos and Tahkenitch Lakes.
The action was taken because the bag-limit portions of the regulations were inadvertently removed during the 2016 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations process.
The permanent rules for Siltcoos Lake (Southwest Zone) are:
  • Open for coho salmon Oct. 1 – Dec. 31
  • 1 wild adult coho and 1 jack coho may be harvested per day
  • No more than 5 wild coho, in aggregate from both the Northwest and Southwest angling zones, may be retained per year.
  • Coho angling allowed upstream of Hwy 101 bridge, downstream of railroad trestle on Maple Creek arm, and the Fivemile Road crossing on the Fiddle Creek arm.
  • Closed to two rod angling for all species during coho season.
The permanent rules for Tahkenitch Lake (Northwest Zone) are:
  • Open for coho salmon Oct. 1 – Dec. 31
  • 1 wild adult coho and 1 jack coho may be harvested per day
  • No more than 5 wild coho, in aggregate from both the Northwest and Southwest angling zones, may be retained per year.
  • Coho angling allowed upstream of Hwy 101 bridge, downstream of the first road crossing on Mallard Arm, and downstream of the 059 bridge on the five-mile arm.
  • Closed to two rod angling for all species during coho season.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2016/09_sept/092816.asp

Coho_homepage_v2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
If they show up!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I'm not expecting many coho to return to the lakes, really weak run year for coho so far along the coast.

hobster
hobster
rogerdodger;n598942 said:
I'm not expecting many coho to return to the lakes, really weak run year for coho so far along the coast.

That sucks, I was hoping we could get out to Siltcoos and toss spinners together.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
hobster;n598948 said:
That sucks, I was hoping we could get out to Siltcoos and toss spinners together.

If you do, count me in!

Reactions: rogerdodger
G
Gulfstream
Thanks for the 411:)

hobster
hobster
GoBlueFan;n598954 said:
If you do, count me in!

Right on. Let's hope a few show up!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster;n598980 said:
Right on. Let's hope a few show up!

I am cautiously optimistic...it sure would be interesting to know who spotted the 'mistake' in the new regs..(wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...).