Coho killer tips

T
the salmon kid
i am looking for the beast and most effective fishing methods and lures for coho fishing in the upper rogue river above gold Rey dam , i will be drifting from doge bridge to gold Rey Saturday and i was wondering what i should use for coho, i have some green and silver kwikfish but i want to know if there is any thing els i need to get
we will also be fishing for steelhead and i know what to use in that category ,., but ive mostly fished for Chinook and steel head but not very often for coho in a boat so i need to know what to do and how to do it
thanks ,.,the salmon kid

PS i am now a catch and release angler,., yaay:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Did you check the archives? You can find pages and pages of useful info there. If I ever get to go fishing and CATCH something,I will be able to share info. Until then,I will just sit here and dream.....

M
Mad dog
Most guys I know that do really well on coho on the upper Rogue catch most of their fish on Marabou jigs or Little Cleo's. On the mid to lower river pink wiggle warts or spinners seem to work well. Early in the run Dark green or Chartruse seems to be a killer!

P
Phil_Bud
Going catch and release right after salmon season...lol nice.

S
skunk
I can sympathize with you Raincatcher! I wish I had some tips to share, maybe next yr.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Twitching jigs or Little Cleo's are the most popular. If you can find a traveling lane then drift fishing can be effective too.

T
the salmon kid
thanks for the info you guys i will try lil cleos and some ping marabou jigs this weekend and i will share the results of the trip with you guys then,., but until then thanks for the advice