Coho Fly Patterns???

T
tnffishman
With the Coho season approaching for the Clackamas, Sandy, Eagle Creek and other streams I was wondering if anybody had success on the fly last year and what type of fly/pattern they were running. Thanks:clap:

L
luv2fish
i don't fly fish but use fly's a lot while drifting....mostly i make the one which kinda they have a jig like that for shad..with white and chrome threads...i took the jig head out and put 4mm red or black bead head....i donno what they call it but i just make my own whenever i go out...
last year i hooked 2 on that at the mouth of EC where it confluences with clack...both were over 15 lb fish and not dark

T
tnffishman
thanks L2F I use flys while drifting a lot also but this season I hope to use the fly rod a bit more

T
Troutier Bassier
Wolly Buggers in Chartruse, and Purple Green Butt Skunks.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, So those are the Only 2 I know of, And I have to get some More,
Now that its Closer to the Season, I thought I should keep this going for all the Fly Fishers wanting some Silver.

F
fish_4_all
Salmonstreamer.jpg
Have caught over 100 coho and Chinook combined on these both fly fishing and drift fishing.
Clouser2.jpg
Clousers are popular
SteelheadGoodies1-2.jpg
Skunks are always a go to fly
AceJigs2.jpg
I would use everything in this box for fly fishing coho

Popsicles and coho candy are some of the most talked about flies.

Anything similar to any of them should work. The most successful I have seen around here is a streamer with a bright colored body and a white fin on top.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thanks,
Do they sell these flys in Fishermans or Sportsmans?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Thanks,
Do they sell these flys in Fishermans or Sportsmans?

He makes them, and he's selling some I think.

F
fish_4_all
I make them all, this is true. Drop me a pm and we can go from there. I have never sold flies, just jigs in the past, never thought about it really but I don't see why not.