Coho fever setting in

A

alm21

Alright, time to throw my hat in... First Coho's of the year for me. First was a native which was sucessfully released (this pic reminded me that I need and will improve my fish handling skills).

SandyNateCoho09-13-2010.jpg

Here are some pics of a couple bucks, first on my tag this year. The larger buck was 31" and put up a great fight. Check out the hook on that guy.

SandyBuckCoho9-23-10.jpg

SandyBuckCohos19-23-10.jpg

SandyBuckCohos29-23-10.jpg

See you on the water!

F

fishman15

was that on the sandy

H

hawgslayer

Nothing like sticking your fingers up in the gills of a nate, and then releaseing it....

Alright, time to throw my hat in... First Coho's of the year for me. First was a native which was sucessfully released (this pic reminded me that I need and will improve my fish handling skills).

SandyNateCoho09-13-2010.jpg

Here are some pics of a couple bucks, first on my tag this year. The larger buck was 31" and put up a great fight. Check out the hook on that guy.

SandyBuckCoho9-23-10.jpg

SandyBuckCohos19-23-10.jpg

SandyBuckCohos29-23-10.jpg

See you on the water!

D

dukeofhawg

Don't let ODFW see you with that native Coho out of the water with your fingers in its gills!

E

eggs

fingers in the gills + release = dead fish within a couple hours..

F

fishtales

Ditto with everyone else and good looking number of fish!

Last edited:
F

Fishtopher

I wont flame away like this is IFish, good on you for knowing and acknowledging the fact that what happened in the pic just isn't proper. Sounds like everyone else didn't read your post, just looked at the pictures.

Now you just need to put some Hen 'Ho's on the bank and getchya some good bait for the Winter Steelhead coming up!!

(just borax 'em and you'll be ready to slay the heck outta the steelies from DEC. through MAY.!!!)

C

civicfun

nice fish if i may ask was that on the sandy or river close by there

C

Cohosanders

You will improve your fish handling skills. If you look at Big Dogs post he is cradling that thing like a PRO!!!! It is interesting to see it on the same page. When I lived in Alaska for 4 months all I caught was Natives(but they are all leagl to keep)and I held them the same when releasing them because I was unaware of how to handle fish. Because of sites like OFF I learn by looking at others posts, but yeah you'll get the hang of it.I know I am still learning. I love the BEAKS on those BUCKS too. Way to go!!

A

Anyfishisfine

It can get brutal when you make that kind of mistake. I misidentified a fish once, and felt the heat. The upside is you don't make that mistake again.

E

eggs

All you can do is learn and sounds like you have! Good looking fish in the yard thoug!

A

alm21

Thanks all, I knew I would take some heat. But yes, I am working to be aware and build my knowledge so not to unintentionally cause harm to our natural resources. The people on this site have been really helpful and I have learned a lot in short order.

Yes, I've been fishing the Sandy.

And here is what I pulled out of it today, a nice 30" buck (no natives were harmed in the slaying of this fish). Is there no cure for this fever?!!! :)

SandyBuckCoho9-24-10.jpg

C

Coho Kid

Great fish, glad to see someone is out there getting some Coho.

N

ninja2010

Is there no cure for this fever?!!! :)

cure??? what cure? this is a chronic disease that has spread like an epidemic from generation to generation, and you're asking about a cure???

good to see that you're succumbing to this ailment in great style... well done.

Top Bottom