Coho are in Thomas and Crabtree Creeks

B
bigfootfish
Yep. Just looked off the Richardson Gap bridge on Crabtree Creek and saw a few coho down below. They are at Broken Dam on Thomas Creek also. Cool!!

BFF

D
Drew9870
Wow, I didn't know Thomas Creek got a run of Cohos, I've pulled out some nice Cutthroats and Smallmouth in the past few years from Thomas close to Greens Bridge on the Santiam.

Everyone tells me Jordan Bridge (Stayton) is Thomas Creek, but if you go a slight bit upstream from that bridge, it says Jordan Creek. I've seen a few Smallmouth and caught a few Cutthroats, Rainbows, and Squaws under the bridge that everyone jumps from and just slightly upstream from that same bridge.

troutdude
troutdude
Ummm, if I am not mistaken...I think it is CLOSED for Coho fishing that far upstream. I believe that the deadline is the Grant Street bridge in Lebanon. I encourage you guys to double check the regs.

P.S. I just found the ODFW Press Release for this:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2010/august/082610.asp

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
I wouldn't fish somewhere without checking the regs on it first, I think it is closed to Trout right now also, so I wouldn't have any business in that area anyways, let alone checking the regs on it. I could atleast say thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
No problem. I posted that for other peeps too. Just didn't want to see anyone get a fat ticket, and fill the pockets of the state any fuller.

B
bigfootfish
Crabtree and Thomas Creeks

Crabtree and Thomas Creeks are open until Oct. 31 for trout, catch and release only, flies and lures, no bait and salmon and steelhead are forbidden.

BFF

B
bigfootfish

Drew9870 said:
Wow, I didn't know Thomas Creek got a run of Cohos, I've pulled out some nice Cutthroats and Smallmouth in the past few years from Thomas close to Greens Bridge on the Santiam.

Everyone tells me Jordan Bridge (Stayton) is Thomas Creek, but if you go a slight bit upstream from that bridge, it says Jordan Creek. I've seen a few Smallmouth and caught a few Cutthroats, Rainbows, and Squaws under the bridge that everyone jumps from and just slightly upstream from that same bridge.

Jordan Creek flows into Thomas Creek. If you continue on past Jordan Creek headed towards Lyons about a 1/4 mile you will come to Thomas Creek road which goes up to the upper Thomas Creek. The road deadends at a bridge, and it's gated.
I shot a video of the gated bridge way up thomas. I was going to find it and post the link but this website is acting up right now and it won't let me go to the FISHING VIDEOS page. Maybe you can find it in the mess the SM made of it all.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
Drew9870 said:

Jordan Creek flows into Thomas Creek. If you continue on past Jordan Creek headed towards Lyons about a 1/4 mile you will come to Thomas Creek road which goes up to the upper Thomas Creek. The road deadends at a bridge, and it's gated.
I shot a video of the gated bridge way up thomas. I was going to find it and post the link but this website is acting up right now and it won't let me go to the FISHING VIDEOS page. Maybe you can find it in the mess the SM made of it all.

BFF