Coho and more are still in Santiams...

B
bigfootfish
Ah. You just gotta love these fish! Here's two more short videos of the barrier dam.

[YOUTUBE]RqZVHpxzjXY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hqtz95JgdnI[/YOUTUBE]

I could watch these fish all day.

BFF

C
Cohosanders
Nice videos. I wonder if they would let you stick an underwater camera there. That would be fun to see them in there enviroment trying to make their way up.

B
bigfootfish
Cohosanders said:
Nice videos. I wonder if they would let you stick an underwater camera there. That would be fun to see them in there enviroment trying to make their way up.

Yeah! Anatoliy has that cool submersible camera that is supposed to be able to withstand the pressure at 30 feet. I've been that far underwater before and the pressure at 30 feet is surprising. Of course the water right below the pad there is only a few feet. What's really cool is the fish that'll make it all the way up under the waterfall part. It's like a foot and a half deep behind the waterfall. I've seen them resting in there. I got another video of the same spot today only from the other side. I'll post it in a little while on this video page, as a new thread.

BFF

Last edited:
A
Anyfishisfine
Is this in Stayton?

B
bigsteel
Anyfishisfine said:
Is this in Stayton?

yes its the damn above the stayton bridge Bennett Dam

A
Anyfishisfine
bigsteel said:
yes its the damn above the stayton bridge Bennett Dam

I thought I recognized that. One of my earliest memories is my grandpa taking me there to watch the fish when I was little. He also took me to the ladder at the old mill, which was about a block from his machine shop.

I also remember a story about my uncle recovering a body from there (my uncle had been a Navy diver). Apparently if you drown there, you stay there until they take you out.

B
bigsteel
its a great place to watch fish,,,,,,,,,,theres a nice pole slide to maneuver your boat down too,,that was fun

B
bigfootfish
The barrier dam is downstream from the Stayton Bridge over the North Santiam, on private land. The water diverted for the Stayton Power Canal is from the lower Bennet Dam. There is an upper Bennet Dam also, which diverts water for the City of Salem's water supply.

BFF

T
the_intimidator03
nice video's BFF, I dont know if I am the only one, or just the only one to admit to this, Would my polarized sunglasses help me see the fish in the video's LOL

Chromatose
Chromatose
Very Nice.