Coastal?

M
Markcanby
Im looking for a place I can fly fish over by the coast. I just got back from the Metolius an man was hot!!! I need some cool ocean breezes for my next trip. Anyone got any ideas?

J
JeepsAreBuilt
Somewhere to cool off would be nice. I dont know of any places at the coast.. I'd like to know of some places. How about little nestucca river ?

troutdude
troutdude
It's not exactly right on the coast, but I'd bet that the upper Nestucca or upper Nehalem would be great places to go.

C
Coastaldweller
Everything directly on the coast is really tough to fish right now, due to the wind. That cold north wind is relentless......

K
Kais
wilson river,nehalem, tons of river. they all lead to the ocean soo..

S
Salmon Whammy
If you like to lake fish or stream fish the Florence area has some great fishing. The cutthroat trout on the Siulsaw,Lake Creek, North Fork of the Siulsaw River are some places to go fishing. Also Cleawox and other lakes in the area have some great fishing for rainbow trout. I just had a fellow from California stop by our factory and he purchased some flies and I showed him were to go. Give me a call or e-mail me for more information on the area.
Salmon Whammy
North Country Lures and Flies LLC
northcountryluresandflies@yahoo.com
541-997-7080
Welcome to North Country Lures & Flies

troutdude
troutdude
He did NOT say that he was looking for a place to go fishing in your area.

Your sales pitch is not supposed to posted here. Rather there is a "Sell" category that you can post under.

So, please do all of us a favor and FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Take a deep breath,TD. He is OFFering information and his contact number,not selling anything. Now,if he were listing items and prices I would boot him over to the Sell forum myself.
Thanks for the assist,Salmon Whammy.

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you Barb. However...

I'm sorry, but offering info is one thing. Did he really need to list his web address, in order to simply offer info?

Plus, Mark lives in Canby. Maybe I'm assuming too much...but, why would he want fishing "info" for places that are hundreds of miles away?

Salmon Whammy, please correct me if I am mistaken about any of this. I'll be glad to retract my comments, if I am in the wrong here.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hmmm,did you happen to read Markcanby's post first? He is asking for information about coastal fishing and since Salmon Whammy is ON the coast it seems like a match made in heaven. Where Markcanby chooses to fish is up to him,get ready,there may be other coastal members with businesses who are willing to OFFer info,also. He can also include all of the same information in his signature so that it is seen each and every time he posts. No rules were broken.

troutdude
troutdude
OK. Fair enough I guess.

I just prefer not to see web sites listed, as it is a form of advertising. I'm just tired of all of the ads that Americano's are bombarded with daily. And it's just my .02.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
troutdude said:
OK. Fair enough I guess.

I just prefer not to see web sites listed, as it is a form of advertising. I'm just tired of all of the ads that Americano's are bombarded with daily. And it's just my .02.

Silly man...how would you find all those books and fishing gear you love so much without advertising? lol

F
fishtales
The Methodius is awesome. Before I was into fishing I remember going up to the Hatchery close by and feeding the fish. I love getting to that side of the Mountain. And man oh man when I do it get over there it is all fish, fish, and then more fishing..

Try fly fishing the Kilchis while at the coat. It is where I learned to fly fish years ago. It is a great river to walk. It is located near Tillamook. enjoy!

troutdude
troutdude
Raincatcher said:
Silly man...how would you find all those books and fishing gear you love so much without advertising? lol

Because I go "looking" for them...as opposed to someone trying to pitch them to me.

M
Markcanby
Yes I actual an very glad he posted that info. I was looking for a place on the coast. I will be giving him a call.

S
Salmon Whammy
Giving information on coastal fishing

Giving information on coastal fishing

Thank you for the support. The fellow asked about coastal fishing and I tried to help. We get a lot of people all over the country asking about where to fish and how. We are a factory that specializes in salmon,trout,steelhead,kokanee and bass fishing lures. A person does not have to buy anthing from us to get information. This is one of our services that we give. We get to fish a lot with our business and people report to us daily what is happening around the area. We also have a pro staff team that lets me know what is happening. Salmon season is just starting and if anybody wants any information about what to use or where to go they can call. We really try to help people be successful in there fishing. This month in STS Magazine there is an article about the Lower Rogue River. We are featured about how to fish the Lower Rogue and what to use. August issue pages 52- 61. I hope this clearifies any misunderstandings.
Salmon Whammy :)
North Country Lures and Flies LLC
2242 Willow Loop East
Florence, Oregon 97439
541-997-7080
Welcome to North Country Lures & Flies
northcountryluresandflies@yahoo.com

troutdude
troutdude
Hello Whammy,

Thank you for writing. You were only "off"ering some info to Mark, and that is great. I hope Mark can put your helpful ideas into motion, and get into some great fishing.

Since your intent wasn't to "pitch" your products/services; I'm cool with seeing your web address. I just hope that OFF won't become inundated with everyone now adding there URL's to their posts.

Again, thanks for contributing and helping Mark.

G
GDBrown
On the lighter side?

On the lighter side?

Exactly what are North Country Lure Sandflies? How do you fish them and what to you catch with them?

I'm a coastal fly fisherman and I've never heard of this type of fishing fly!

GD