Coastal rivers are looking good!

S
SmallStreams
Upper Necanicum turned chocolate sometime between 10am and 1:30pm today. The other rivers are blown out sooner and the lower on any river you are, the sooner it will be blown out. Usually takes 2" of moderate rain in 24 hrs for chocolate color after looking tea-stained and the rain gauge suggests it was slow to go chocolate this time around. 1.5" rain yesterday and 1.5" rain so far today.

Flooding? Nah, we're still below that here, though localized floods can happen when a logjam forms or the bank slides.

I usually check rain gauges & radar on wunderground.com when I'm thinking about traveling.

T
taconight2night
Rained on me pretty good on the Alsea yesterday. Few fish rolling about

M
Modest_Man
Looks like everyone guessed low. May be cresting at around 9.5'.

T
TimberTodd
It was pushing that 9' mark at 8 last night. There should be fish scattered all over. Looks like its dropping fairly quick now.

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
So now Im curious. Should I throw my boat in this saturday on the Nehalem and fish up river toward Foss Rd. bridge? Maybe some freshies in there after the hard rain? Or would they be moving too fast up river at this point, to have a chance from anything other than a drift boat or the bank?

Cheers,

Chris

B
BaldTexan
I recommend trolling spinners on the middle and upper Tillamook bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H
halibuthitman
MrGrumpFish said:
So now Im curious. Should I throw my boat in this saturday on the Nehalem and fish up river toward Foss Rd. bridge? Maybe some freshies in there after the hard rain? Or would they be moving too fast up river at this point, to have a chance from anything other than a drift boat or the bank?

Cheers,

Chris
the NF Silver run is essentially over, which leads me to believe the lower main stem would be dead. There are still a lot of chrome kings being caught in the bay and tide waters in Tilmook,,
I would focus on the lower Trask-