Coastal rivers are looking good!

T
TimberTodd
See the Wilson is figured to hit 6.5' Saturday night into Sunday. This coming week should be hot! Of course I took vacation LAST WEEK!::sad:

S
sapo
That sucks (About the vacation, not the rivers). Ya, I'm hitting the Miami on Saturday morning, hopefully it's not too high..actually the Wilson is hot right now, I have a friend who caught close to a dozen nooks in there yesterday. (Or at least that's what he claimed)

O
OnTheDrop
At a forecast of 3.24" of Rain by Saturday night, I have a hard time believing it will crest at 6.5 on recent experiences. My prediction is between 7-8.5ft.

Good luck,

Last edited:
S
sapo
Yep..good prediction steelmonkiller. I went to the wilson a couple of times when it's been forecasted to rise a foot, and it rose 2 or 3.

T
TimberTodd
SteelmonKiller20 said:
At a forecast of 3.24" of Rain by Saturday night, I have a hard time believing it will crest at 6.5 on recent experiences. My prediction is between 7-8.5ft.

Good luck,
The river gauges are like weathermen and their reports. By tomorrow afternoon it will be showing a different prediction.:)

F
FishNinja
Those predictions are horribly inaccurate. They're good for getting an idea of conditions but that's it. If 3 inches fall it'll jump to 8ft or more. Lee's Camp is notoriously wet, i bet today and tomorrow they get close to 5 inches and the river will crest around 10ft.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

T
troutmasta
FishNinja said:
Those predictions are horribly inaccurate. They're good for getting an idea of conditions but that's it. If 3 inches fall it'll jump to 8ft or more. Lee's Camp is notoriously wet, i bet today and tomorrow they get close to 5 inches and the river will crest around 10ft.

I say 7.8

F
FishNinja
Judging by the fact it's already almost at 5 i bet it'll be 7'8 by 12-1 tomorrow afternoon

T
TimberTodd
According to the gauge on Steelhead Stalkers site it is currently at 5.06 and set to top at 8.26 Saturday night into Sunday. FishNinja is correct about the predictions, they are just that. I always check the current reading right up till I pull out of the driveway. I have still gotten to the river and found it higher than the site said. Jeff I am going to say 8.47'.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Where do you find the rainfall predictions?

SteelmonKiller20 said:

Good luck,

S
sapo
What do you guys think of the coastal rivers tomorrow morning? Was thinking of hitting the Miami, but they rose a lot today...will they be blown out?

T
troutmasta
They will be crappy^^

S
seaslayer
Sapo Save your gas! The rivers are poop brown and flowing fast. All of the coastal rivers are blown with smaller ones approachingflood stage.

T
troutmasta
wilson is now predicted to be 8.6

S
sapo
Thanks!! Ya won't be fishing coastal tomorrow. Any suggestions where I should go? Maybe Sandy or Clack?

B
BaldTexan
Went down there early Friday morning hoping to get a few hours of fishing in before it turned unfishable. Barely a light drizzle. Water looked good so we put in and fished about 30 minutes and the water turned to chocolate almost immediately so we bailed. Checked the Kilchis and it looked just as bad so we packed it in. Going over the pass back east, it was raining quite hard in the upper elevations. Might not be fishable until mid week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
sapo
Ya..that sucks! I'm aiming for next Saturday, at least it's raining hard this weekend, we need it.

B
BaldTexan
Yeah it sucked, but we had to go check it and try. Probably try again next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O
OnTheDrop
jamisonace said:
Where do you find the rainfall predictions?

I just use weather.com and punch in the area you are looking for. The amount of rain they forecast is usually close, and then I take the current levels and do the math myself based off past rainfalls etc. I really don't even need to look at graphs anymore, I kind of look at them to see how accurate of a guess I have. Ha.

S
sapo
Pouring on the coast and north of Portland right now, but the metro area and east is pretty dry so far..I don't think we'll get as much precip as forecast, bulk of moisture tracked to our north. It'll rain, but metro area rivers won't really experience much of an impact.