Coastal creeks

C
Cohosanders
My buddy and I were thinking of hitting up one of those hatchery creeks towards Astoria tomorrow. Does anyone know if those creeks are fishable with this rain. That is a really long drive to show up at a blown out creek. Thank you for any advice.:think:

H
halibuthitman
if you are talking about big creek or gnat creek.... they are gonna be pretty out of shape, big creek might be ok to fish with bait at the county park, but that is probably your only hope, if you have a boat you would be better off to work the mouth of the klamath or lewis or cowlitz with some kquick fish 7's......... thats what I plan to do.

W
wormosa
are they cnr only?

H
halibuthitman
no

I
imfishing
Big Creek/Gnat Creek

Big Creek/Gnat Creek

Greetings All.

Yea I was fishing at big creek Saturday, January Second, Two Thousand Ten.

We fished the lower parking lot area pools all the way up to the bridge at hwy 30.

The water had some color and it was coloring as I fished.

It rained [Poured] literally all day.

I fished my corkies with yarn.

I fished yarn balls.

I fished my #4 and #5 home made French Blade Spinners.

Nothing. No Strikes. No Fish Sightings...Nothin'.

Infact I did not see or hear of any fish being caught that day at all.

The man that took off running to the bushes for a sit down provided some element of comic relief. Now that was funny. Like he was runnin to escape the Predator.

Anyhow - Hope this helps and good luck.

T
Troutier Bassier
ohh child NO. big crick is higher then bob marely. Its been pouring for a while and if the water is high i would hit the hatchery. If its low the county park. thats how Ive always played it.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
ohh child NO. big crick is higher then bob marely. Its been pouring for a while and if the water is high i would hit the hatchery. If its low the county park. thats how Ive always played it.

what, both times youve been there? the hatchery is 1.2 river miles from the park.... you seeing a big water difference in that 6' of gradiant???? you can still float and drift the park in ANY conditions.... the hatchery is just too fast in high water stage. and who if effen Bob Marely? your schools principle?

T
Troutier Bassier
Ive caught fish when it was in it had high water. at the deadline it wasn't crystal clear but I could see fish rolling. It was pretty high just not brown.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
oh that bob marely.... i was thinking of another spelling.... isn't that the hypocritical songwriter who fled jamaica the second he made two bucks to rub together and then sang songs about the goverment and 3rd world poverty that he wrote in a $3000 a month manhattan condo? he lived just up the street from That other guy... the one bigger than jesus.... man I can't think of that hypocrits name either.. Big and gnat fish like **** when they are high.

I
I Grade
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thread hijacking commencing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can berate TB for being a bit mouthy. You can berate TB for not knowing a creek as well as he claims. But you NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER talk smack about Bob Marley!!!!! Rastafari! I find it ironic that you talked poo about Bob at 4:20PM....

Selassie I We Praise!

I Grade

RIP Bob Marely (lol)

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
If a mod could just delete our posts we could get back on topic.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
If a mod could just delete our posts we could get back on topic.
oh T.B no cry.....oh T.B no cry:(

I
I Grade
halibuthitman said:
oh T.B no cry.....oh T.B no cry:(

I just shot tea out my nose laughing so hard! LMAO! Well played halibut...well played....

I Grade

T
Troutier Bassier
har har har. :p

I
imfishing
Greetings all

I don't understand all the hype really.

My report was as it happened on the day I was there.

As far as the hatchery goes it was worse then below.

I left it out of the report for clarity and I don't like fishing there.

Funny, I did not see the kid up there fishing at all when I was there.

Any how - I am going back to work now.