Coastal bobber setup

T
troutmasta
Whats a good bobber setup for DEEP holes near the coast for Nooks. Like the handicap dock on the tillamook ect. I saw people using a sand shrimp egg combo? Some w yarn I believe even a little scent. Any help? Thanks

brandon4455
brandon4455
i'm not much of a bobber fisherman but a salmon stalker bobber with a bobber stop (your choice of legnth and a 1oz sinker below the bobber then an egg loop knot on your hook to help hold bait (tying instructions on youtube) and if you need more help there are a few bobber rig videos on youtube also. i'm not the best at explaining this but i like to help

tight lines,brandon

H
halibuthitman
the handicap docks are for handicaped people... you can't fish from them if your not.. but holding bobber rod might trick a cop..moooohaaaa mooohaaaa!

kirkster
kirkster
halibuthitman said:
the handicap docks are for handicaped people... you can't fish from them if your not.. but holding bobber rod might trick a cop..moooohaaaa mooohaaaa!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

T
troutmasta
halibuthitman said:

I fish from the trail next to the dock.
THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH.
Im sure standing in the mist of 10 other bobber fisherman with 40 pnd nooks coming in that I would look, handicapped?????
Missed ya there... Maybe wear a respirator next time your poring lead.

Last edited:
S
steelheadstalker31
I would rig it like this. From top to bottom, bobber stop, bead, 1oz float, 1oz egg sinker, barrel swivell, and then a leader with a hook tied on with egg loop knot.

T
troutmasta
steelheadstalker31 said:
I would rig it like this. From top to bottom, bobber stop, bead, 1oz float, 1oz egg sinker, barrel swivell, and then a leader with a hook tied on with egg loop knot.

Thank you very much.

F
fisch
steelheadstalker31 is right on. Don't go bigger than 1oz. Those big nooks can bite so lite you won't even see it with a big bobber. I put another bobber stop below the bobber so in case my swivell breaks I don't loose a bobber. Also people argue that you need a big bobber in tide water because the holes are 20+ft deep. Most of the locals fish 8ft and say the biters will come up and take it. I tried it last week and it worked like a swiss clock. Good bait, lite bobbers and good luck out there.

R
RunWithSasquatch
i agree with the 8' deep factor!

C
Coho Kid
fisch said:
steelheadstalker31 is right on. Don't go bigger than 1oz. Those big nooks can bite so lite you won't even see it with a big bobber. I put another bobber stop below the bobber so in case my swivell breaks I don't loose a bobber. Also people argue that you need a big bobber in tide water because the holes are 20+ft deep. Most of the locals fish 8ft and say the biters will come up and take it. I tried it last week and it worked like a swiss clock. Good bait, lite bobbers and good luck out there.

That's how I fish as well, good quality eggs somewhere between a super ball and a golf ball. I see guys fishing 7/0 hooks with naked eggs the size of your fist as well, but I seem to miss more fish when I go above a golf ball.

T
troutmasta
fisch said:

RunWithSasquatch said:
i agree with the 8' deep factor!

Coho Kid said:
That's how I fish as well, good quality eggs somewhere between a super ball and a golf ball. I see guys fishing 7/0 hooks with naked eggs the size of your fist as well, but I seem to miss more fish when I go above a golf ball.

Thanks a million guys. Was going to go today, but I feel like @%$^!. Im going out next wednesday Early! if any one wants to roll let me know.

S
SALTYFISH
Go get em . if i didn't have to work i would go.I fished the slough by the handy cap hole and caught 2 one was a 30# buck looked like shoe leather so i let him go. The second was a 25# hen chrome bright she came home with me!!

I wish my camera didn't break !!

brandon4455
brandon4455
good luck on the bobber fish man take some pics for us! :)

-brandon

T
troutmasta
Thanks fellas. It'll still be a week before I can go.

L
luv2fish
1 to 1-1/2 oz bobber...try to get the balsa one as they frizzle and sizzle even with slightest touch ( and thats just my personal opinion after using all kinds ) keep your bait anwhere from 6 - 8 feet but usually 8 is a good number..i had takedowns on 6 as well. Milky eggs and a sand shrimp....
there are deep holes but except few holes you gotta be pretty close to bay for using big bobbers in deeper holes.