Close to home lakes to bass fish out of a boat?

brandon4455
brandon4455
I'm in need of a few spots within an hour i preffer half an hour but an hour will do. somwhere that has decent size so it will keep us fishing most of the day, and must be good to put a boat in. thanks for any help

brandon

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hm. Might be slightly more than an hour, but have you considered Fern Ridge down by Eugene? Has boat access, large reservoir, has bass, crappie, trout... lots of water to fish

troutdude
troutdude
Fern Ridge is a good idea, although about and hour and a half from Dallas. If you go there, check out the Long Tom river too (from Fern Ridge on down to the Willy). The upper, I believe, has no bass.

There is a lake in St. Paul. I'm not sure about angling access. There are also 2 more lakes between St. Paul and I-5. Not sure about access/ramps there either. And there are St. Louis lakes in that same general area.

C
capblack
mission lake, st louis ponds, willamette river and sloughs, minto park has a bass pond, walling, i think walter wirth or the one behind it, should all be right around a half hour, and all have bass.

S
SwimbaitBassin
I wouldnt waste gas to drive to fern ridge IMO..I would fish the river, smallies and largemouth, if i were gonna make a day of it going south may as well go all the way
to Cottage Grove

brandon4455
brandon4455
i fish the willamette, just would like a lake to fish as well.

T
TJR_84
Brandon have you ever fished the pond rock quarry off ellendale rd in dallas? It holds some monsters. Mission Bottom park has a huge slough that produces too but you cannot have a gas motor in there. I have more spots around the area i will PM you.

brandon4455
brandon4455
TJR_84 said:
Brandon have you ever fished the pond rock quarry off ellendale rd in dallas? It holds some monsters. Mission Bottom park has a huge slough that produces too but you cannot have a gas motor in there. I have more spots around the area i will PM you.

are you talkign about aaron mercer reservoir up the gravel road about 6-7 miles? its only open to motor vehicles in november so the boat is only an option then :lol: but yes, ive caught bass there before. a nd ill try mission bottom park. thanks for the suggestions :D

troutdude
troutdude
Brandon, I believe that he was talking about the pond that is just before the turn OFF to the reservoir. It's on the right, just OFF the road (and before the creek bridge and turn OFF). As I recall, there are some old concrete block rails, in front of it, that you can pull your car up to.

However, I am pretty sure that is PRIVATE property.

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Brandon, I believe that he was talking about the pond that is just before the turn OFF to the reservoir. It's on the right, just OFF the road (and before the creek bridge and turn OFF). As I recall, there are some old concrete block rails, in front of it, that you can pull your car up to.

However, I am pretty sure that is PRIVATE property.

yes, it's private property thanks for clearing that up jay

T
Troutier Bassier
Hm, What made you want to fish for bass? hahahahaha!

M
Mattdm22
Freeway Lakes in Albany carry some nice bucketmouths. If you get past all the garbage and stuff the place is actually quite fun to fish and boats are allowed as well.