Close Cougar encounter

G

GDBrown

My wife works with a lady who received this as an e-mail from her ????

"This is from Nadine’s cousin! Nadine is Matt's (our oldest sons)mother-in-law."

CougerandElk.jpg

Matt's comments about the picture....

"This is freaking scary. As you know I was alone when I downed this elk in ND. I was using my camera’s timer attached to my shooting stick to give me enough time to get into the picture. I knew there were a lot of cats in the area but had no idea they would come in this close to people. He had to be within 10 feet of me and I didn’t even know it. I about messed my pants when I looked at the pictures the next morning and saw he was there."

I'm not sure how real it is but I have no reason to believe it's been faked.

But is has!!!:rolleyes: The resolution of the cougar is different than the rest of the photo.....

Not much gets by me with photos... I spent 25 years working with photos and have seen all the tricks people try. I use to get paid big bucks to do this sort of work all the time.

Nice looking elk though, that part is not fake!:cool:

GD

H

halibuthitman

I wouldda at least photo shopped that into a 380 bull... as long as were b.s in folks!

G

GDBrown

you can tell that the cougar is fake in the picture

I have a 2 meg copy of the photo and when I zoom in with PhotoShop I can see the difference plain as day and night. Here is what I see up close...

CougerOnly.jpg

See how fuzzy the cougar is compared to the brush!

GD

Last edited:
H

halibuthitman

mabe the cougar killed the bull and the hunter stole it.. we can really f-up this story.. mabe say he poached it out at jewel or shot it a day early!

R

RunWithSasquatch

It was all over Ifish about a week and a half ago. Someone dug up the photo that the lion came out of and posted it with the elk

G

GDBrown

It was all over Ifish about a week and a half ago. Someone dug up the photo that the lion came out of and posted it with the elk

Just goes to show that it's not a good Idea to believe much of what we see on the internet, even on a trusted forum like I!@#$. At least I revealed it for what it was.

GD

C

Coho Kid

Believe

Believe

Your digital camera flashes first then clicks the shot. That cat is fuzzy because it just got flashed and flinched. I see no borders between the brush and the cat that would make me think it was pasted in there and blended into the back ground. A buddy of mine has a very similar shot from about 10 years ago. The cat is in the brush about 15 ft above him on the ridge.

B

beaverfan

Your digital camera flashes first then clicks the shot. That cat is fuzzy because it just got flashed and flinched. I see no borders between the brush and the cat that would make me think it was pasted in there and blended into the back ground. A buddy of mine has a very similar shot from about 10 years ago. The cat is in the brush about 15 ft above him on the ridge.

It's been proven fake, check out the original pic of the cat. The cat is obviously standing on a hill that is not there, that's what gave it away to me. (also it appears to be levitating, must have bought that new Chris Angel mail order levitation kit)

Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

In any event, that is...dare I say it...

a lot of BULL!

P.S. I'd prefer to run "away from" a Sasquatch...LOL.

O

OregonNative

Ah, don't be too hard on the hunter. I'll bet he has some great fishing stories too. We all know the reputation us fishermen have when it comes to the big one that got away! :lol:

O

OnTheFly

Hey Gene, I know it's fake but how did they get the image of the cat behind the branch?

G

GDBrown

Hey Gene, I know it's fake but how did they get the image of the cat behind the branch?

The two images are layered on top of each other (cougar is behind) then the foreground layer is made to be opaque (50% or so) and the area that defines the cougar would then be erased. Opacity returned to normal and the layers combined. It's that simple.

GD

elk-cougar.jpg

Now you see the little cougar on the elks head! LOL This took me about ten minutes and I didn't bother to remove what was between the cougars front legs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom