Lakes Cleawox Lake Fishing Reports

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Camped at Honeyman over the weekend, caught 2 decent bass and another smaller one on a spinner.

Also caught a trout on a zoom centipede worm which was pretty odd.

People were tearing up the trout on powerbait, I stuck to bass fishing from the shore.

• 20190525_163814.jpg
  • 20190525_170137.jpg
  • Snapchat-1773843173.jpg
Reactions: Aervax
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
that lake gets loaded with trout each year...truck loads of them.... :ROFLMAO:

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like you maybe had frog legs for dinner too. ;-)

bass
bass
Great job @NKlamerus sounds like a great time and you took some beautiful pics!

I can't believe I am hearing about a Zoom Centipede, I would have never guessed anyone else on this forum ever heard of using a french fry for bass! My favorite Zoom plastic is definitely a 4" dead ringer. If you are a Zoom fan (like me) give it a try. In second place for me is their 6" Finesse worm although a carolina rigged Centipede definitely has its place in my arsenal.

Thanks for the report!!

M
MattyTightlines
Re-surfacing this thread... i think this is the right place to answer this question? The structure of this site is somewhat confusing. I'm headed to Honeyman this weekend for some camping and want to take my little kids fishing there. Sounds like Cleawox is stocked in the spring and early summer with Trout; looks like there are also some bass in there which might be better this time of year? Any advice on tackle this time of year, and have folks had luck off of the pier/dock, or other spot recommendations? Thank you!

Top Bottom