clearwater down to day island

R
rippin fish lips
has anyone heard of any action on this stretch of river lately? i know there is fish there. please anyone that knows post a report!! going out tomorrow morning at 6 am. i heard of 1 caught there so far and that was yesterday. what youguys got?

B
bran_man
rippin fish lips said:
has anyone heard of any action on this stretch of river lately? i know there is fish there. please anyone that knows post a report!! going out tomorrow morning at 6 am. i heard of 1 caught there so far and that was yesterday. what youguys got?

Well I've fished both areas on the bank quite a bit lately and haven't had any action myself besides trout and chubs. But I've talked to guys that have had some luck. Last two weeks heard of 3 steelhead pulled out. Saw one guy I knew who is a good/ pretty experienced angle and he hooked 4, lost 4 steelhead but did land a NICE salmon all in one trip. Probably been more fish than this. This is just what I have heard from talking to other people on the banks. Good luck. I'm going to seek some steel tomorrow too

R
rippin fish lips
nice! alright thanks! there is some good water there

J
JeannaJigs
I've been running a little lower, Alton baker down to beltline. Lost three nooks so far in two evening floats zhshrjiskzjjdjkr. I suck at fishing.

D
DYJ
We hit the bank 3 to 4 times a week along that stretch of river. I had a hard take down and fought a fish for just a few, till he spit the hook last Tuesday. Another guy that fishes down there a lot has pulled out a 9 pound nook and a 15 pounder in the last 2 weeks. The fish are in there.....

R
rippin fish lips
just got back from the water, did good on the cutthroat trout, biggest fish was a 16 inch bow, only bow of the day and it was native, fought like hell pulling my buddies line thought we had a head on but we didn't. oh and managed to snag a chub that was about 21 inches long... thought it was a steelhead bulldogging me... but it wasn't! lol

D
DYJ
haha, I gut hooked a big chub like that a couple weeks ago too. Only I was in a bad spot to land a fish on the bank and it since it was fighting pretty good I decided I needed to be down stream. So I made the choice to step into the water without my waders on. Had to walk a couple steps in knee high water to get to another spot more suited for beaching a big fish, about the time I got out of the water I saw the fish and relized what I had..... soaking wet boots and a big ugly chub. Dang it.....

R
rippin fish lips
yeah!!! lol i managed to get it on the dorsal fin :eek: so it felt even bigger then what it was. got the net out and got ready to net it and out comes a frickin crap fish lol. i love that float tho, its a peaceful one

L
Logger707
How long of a float is that

M
mlw
6 river miles, 3-5 hours, depending how much you stop to fish.
Michael

L
Logger707
Thanks,plan on floatin somewhere tomorrow never done that one

R
rippin fish lips
fished it a few days ago in the evening to pick up some trout there... seen 1 fish roll tho. has anyone been haviung any salmon/steel luck there?

R
rippin fish lips
anyone been having any steel/salmon luck there?!