Clear Lake

M

mcbanshee

Headed to Clear Lake this weekend never fished it before what is the best way to fish it we are planning on renting a boat any input :pray:would be great Thanks

18406ej

18406ej

McBanshee, welcome to OFF! I don't know much about Clear Lake, but I am sure that someone here will get you lined up with some good info. In the meantime, check out our archives by typing, "Clear Lake" into the OFF search engine. There are a lot of good posts in there. Make sure that you use the quotation marks.

Welcome again,

M

meluvtrout

I'm also not familiar with Clear Lake, but if you'll be trolling with a boat, I'd think you'll be safe by picking up couple wedding rings with you. Tipping them with half nightcrawler is not a bad idea either. My go to ones this year has been orange on gold, pink on orange and orange on orange ones. Last couple trips I started twisting them with .018 gauge wire and #10 treble hooks and the fish are hitting them hard even on bare hooks. Also had couple of hookups on gold little cleo as well as orange and red rooster tails.
Good luck...

C

Combat Chuck

It depends on how much rowing you want to do though. Small frog flatfish work good along with drifting a worm and powerbait. The best success seems to be along the east half of the lake. A boat would be highly recommended here.

P

papamoore02

clear lake good for rainbow trout some browns power bait works preety good fishing off the bottom. boats are the best here not a whole lot of bank to fish from.

Troutski

Troutski

Slow troll...

Slow troll...

Keep to the shadows and keep it slow. Very nice Trout near the Canoe's, very cold water. Best of luck, don't forget your mosquito repellent.

Chuck