Clear Lake lodge

B
Boywhofishes
First of all, i'm talking about the head of the Mckenzie.

does anyone know if the lodge is open yet?... anyone know if there's still snow on the ground?...

i'm planning on going up early saturday morning.

thanks in advance! :D

S
susqwahanna
I was there last Sunday. The lodge was open cause there were a few of those rental rowboats. The roads into the coldwater campground are open and the road to the lodge was open. The fishing was very very slow. We trolled around in the canoe for 2 hours and only had a few hits. I only seen one fish caught.

R
Reel Lady
Clear Lake Resort

Clear Lake Resort

Restaurant hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Cabin Rentals: open year-round
Day use: open year-round :)

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome Reel Lady...

Welcome Reel Lady...

Reel Lady said:
Restaurant hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Cabin Rentals: open year-round
Day use: open year-round :)

Nice to have you on board...first post and you are all ready helping others.:clap: You are going to fit in here just perfect...again welcome to OFF...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Perfect fit...

Perfect fit...

Welcome to the forum,Reel Lady. Soooooo glad to see more ladies joining us!
Troutski is right, you will fit right in with this bunch of friendly fisher folks.
Be safe.
Barb

C
Commodore S
Clear Lake

Boywhofishes said:
First of all, i'm talking about the head of the Mckenzie.

does anyone know if the lodge is open yet?... anyone know if there's still snow on the ground?...

i'm planning on going up early saturday morning.

thanks in advance! :D

B.W.F
We're headed up tomorrow also, Green drift boat, I'll be rowing the 2 old farts around. Give us a shout out. Heard the fishin is slow, but still should be a nice day. I was told everything is open.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Boywhofishes
i do believe i saw you, i was in a rental rowing a kid and an older guy around, we all got at least one fish so that was good, it wasn't too terribly slow, hits often enough anyways :D

C
Commodore S
Clear Lake

We did really well, 12 between us. I didn't fish that much, more of a guide trip for me, but the smile on my friends face tells the story. Nice hold overs only kept 1 pellet head. Just draggin a worm around real slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
I drove up that way last week just to get out of town. Tried to do a little bank fishing at clear lake near the lodge. It was next to impossible. and i could cast out far enough to where the fish were jumping like crazy. The a conspiracy at that lake to make you rent boats because the bank has a fence of brush around it anywhere i could walk to. Seems like if they trimmed them down less people would be forced to rent a boat. Next time I'm taking the boat with me.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
if you are willing to hike, there's a trail that goes entirely around that lake, there's some good access at the east end, I've caught a few rainbows and brookies at that end.

O
Outdrsmn
there are all kinds of places to fish from the bank on the other side on the lava beds.

B
Boywhofishes
you can fish the creek that flows into it, it's on the trail, you can walk along the creekbed and find pools and there are tons of trout just stuck in those pools, it's really fun with a fly

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i was just talking about the lodge area and the picnic area where you drive in and can park at the parking lot. I'm sure if a guy wanted to do some hiking there are some spots.

T
tofishistheverb
How good the bank fishing?

How good the bank fishing?

I have not been to Clear Lake before but plan on going in a couple of weekends. How is the bank fishing? Should I take a boat?

J
JeannaJigs
tofishistheverb said:
I have not been to Clear Lake before but plan on going in a couple of weekends. How is the bank fishing? Should I take a boat?
bank the east side, you'll be good. There's a trail that wraps around the entire lake. If you have a boat, it's a great lake to take one, but it is motorless, and it will cost you $5 to launch it at the lodge.

J
JMac
I'm planning on taking the canoe to clear lake tomorrow. Never been up there but hear the water is really amazing and that there is an underwater forest thats visable and lots of other interesting things to see. To anyone whos familiar with the lake, will the water clarity still be amazing on a cloudy day like tomorrow threatens to be? Its a pretty long haul from Portland so I want to make sure to hit it while its at its best. This will be primarily a explore the nature trip but you can bet I'll be trolling a line the whole time. Sounds like worms are working pretty well.

Troutski
Troutski
Great Water...

Great Water...

JMac said:
I'm planning on taking the canoe to clear lake tomorrow. Never been up there but hear the water is really amazing and that there is an underwater forest thats visable and lots of other interesting things to see. To anyone whos familiar with the lake, will the water clarity still be amazing on a cloudy day like tomorrow threatens to be? Its a pretty long haul from Portland so I want to make sure to hit it while its at its best. This will be primarily a explore the nature trip but you can bet I'll be trolling a line the whole time. Sounds like worms are working pretty well.

Very clear all year long, the cloud cover should make the fishing turn on. Don't forget just down hill a few miles is Carmen res. another no motor lake. Can be very productive in the early summer like now, if you get the time you should give it a half day..preferably the evening. Take your camera and fresh battery's...Amazing area..

Chuck

J
JMac
Thanks Chuck..I'm new to the state and heard that mosquitos can be horrible up at some of the mountain lakes. Its probably good now but do you or anyone else know if and when it gets bad at clear lake? Thanks