Clear Lake Fishing

Y
YoungWig
Has anyone fished Clear Lake out near Sisters? I have a camping trip planned and going to try to hit the waters mid august. Any tips on what to use or where to fish? Standard trout set up with power bait?

P
PTownAngler
That's the one you can check online. Google clear lake resort Oregon. The resort homepage usually has a fishing report. It'll be the website that's part of Linn county parks & recreation. They have info on a bunch of stuff, boat rentals , weather, fire danger and all that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B
Bswe22
Love Clear Lake!!! I have been fishing Clear Lake often this summer. I am usually getting anywhere from 10 to 20 trout (C&R). You should fish near the campground (Clear Water Cove) on the opposite end of the lake from where the resort is at. Although it's not a big lake, you can row from one end to the other in no time. The resort rents row boats for $35 per day or $15 per hour. Row boats only on this lake. Your "standard trout" set-up will work just fine. Sherbet, cheese and orange power bait has worked for me. I have never had luck with green of any kind. The trout will swallow that power bait and you will be forced to keep them which will make your fishing day end quickly. Spinners also work well. And with spinners you can catch and release. Only keep the big ones you want to eat. You should have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y
YoungWig
"Spinners also work well. And with spinners you can catch and release."

Thanks a lot. I think I'm going to be C &R only but if i have to id keep a few. What type of spinners have you found that work there? Never have much luck with rooster tails. Ever try small buzz bombs?

B
Bswe22
Blue Foxes work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
mustardthetrout
I personally love small Flatfish plugs during this time of year. They look a lot more realistic than spinners and lake trolls in water conditions as low and clear as they have been lately.

Y
YoungWig
mustardthetrout said:
I personally love small Flatfish plugs during this time of year.

What size do you use?

M
mustardthetrout
I usually use the F4 size but I'm sure you could easily go up or down from that. Color depends on the conditions but frog is always a good place to start.