Clear Lake Mckenzie

C
Commodore S
Camped at cold water for 3 days, nobody in the campground until thursday when we were packin up. The fishing was also very good with a limit every day.Caught 1- 17" cutthroat that went straight to the BBQ along w/ a couple of his rainbow buddies. This is one of the most beautiful places on earth:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome aboard,Commodore

Welcome aboard,Commodore

Commodore S said:
Camped at cold water for 3 days, nobody in the campground until thursday when we were packin up. The fishing was also very good with a limit every day.Caught 1- 17" cutthroat that went straight to the BBQ along w/ a couple of his rainbow buddies. This is one of the most beautiful places on earth:D

Welcome to OFF,Commodore, glad to have you join us! Geez, don't you love it when you get to do camping the right way? I have almost quit camping because I don't like hearing someone else's late night conversation. There are just too many things meant to be done quietly in the deep woods. ;) Not to mention having the water all to yourself. That is a huge bonus. A 17" cutthroat is about 17" bigger than any I have caught. I will have to stop by there one day. I'm a bit confused about the location,but I'll google the heck out of it till I find it. Welcome and congrats again.
Barb

B
Boywhofishes
wow, nice, cutthorat, which area of the lake did you fish?... and a boat right?

C
Commodore S
Yes, in a boat on the east side in the first cove. Nightcrawler & Red egg trolling long leader very slow. Line up point at south end of lake to rock point at 2nd cove using same method will produce some nice rainbows. GOOD LUCK!!!

C
Commodore S
Thanks

Thanks

Raincatcher said:
Welcome to OFF,Commodore, glad to have you join us! Geez, don't you love it when you get to do camping the right way? I have almost quit camping because I don't like hearing someone else's late night conversation. There are just too many things meant to be done quietly in the deep woods. ;) Not to mention having the water all to yourself. That is a huge bonus. A 17" cutthroat is about 17" bigger than any I have caught. I will have to stop by there one day. I'm a bit confused about the location,but I'll google the heck out of it till I find it. Welcome and congrats again.
Barb

Thanks for the welcome. Have been surfin this site for awhile,very informitive. And seems to be more local to my area. Clear lake is the head waters to the Mckenzie, old volcano. Will post picts tomorrow. Thanks agian:)

B
Boywhofishes
i was wondering because you said cutthroats, never caught one at clear lake:think:

S
specialk0082
Raincatcher said:
Barb
I caugh a 16inch out of there with a glow n the dark roster tail my fav, verey hard to get those lure's,any ways i had some weight on there and i was deep and trolling with my glow n the dark rooster tail that's when i landed 16inch trout