Clear lake Access

O
OnTheFly
Anyone know how much snow is still in the way to get to Clear Lake?

C
Combat Chuck
The head of the McKenzie? I was told about 3 weeks ago its completely open.

O
OnTheFly
Sorry CC, I should have been more specific. I ment Clear Lake in the Mt Hood area east of Government Camp. My bet is that you still need sled dogs to get in.

Irishrover
Irishrover
OnTheFly said:
Sorry CC, I should have been more specific. I ment Clear Lake in the Mt Hood area east of Government Camp. My bet is that you still need sled dogs to get in.
I'll be going by there in a day or two. I'll check it out. On the way over here I noticed the turn off to Timothy was clear. Hwy 26 was clear over the Moutain and once you get passed blue Box pass the snow off the side of the road dimmishes. Over here in Culver it's sort of raining a wee bit.

O
OnTheFly
Irishrover said:
I'll be going by there in a day or two. I'll check it out. On the way over here I noticed the turn off to Timothy was clear. Hwy 26 was clear over the Moutain and once you get passed blue Box pass the snow off the side of the road dimmishes. Over here in Culver it's sort of raining a wee bit.

OK Great! Keep me posted. I can't wait for the Callibaetis hatch. They will be out in force when the weather gets warmer.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Pictures speak better than words so on my way home from Culver I stopped and took these photos of the road off hwy 26 to the Mt hood Clear Lake. The word is snow and it was snowing at Blue Box pass Elv 4000'. So there you go.

O
OnTheFly
Irishrover said:
Pictures speak better than words so on my way home from Culver I stopped and took these photos of the road off hwy 26 to the Mt hood Clear Lake. The word is snow and it was snowing at Blue Box pass Elv 4000'. So there you go.

Wow! It's worse than I thought! Looks like it'll be awhile before it all melts. Sometimes I think this time of year I need to add a helicopter to my fly fishing equipment.Thanks for the drive by and especially the pics.

Irishrover
Irishrover
No problem your welcome.;)