clams are running!! he he!

H
halibuthitman
well it was blowing 30-35 at sunset beach and supposed to rain yesterday so me and the wife ( she's a great sport considering being 6 months preg ) decided to go clam wrangling... and given the fact it was only a 0.0 tide we headed to sunset beach, and limited in 30 minutes. The clams were small but they always are on a small tide. stopped raining when we got there, wind quit 15 minutes later.....sweet! go out the sunset beach entrance, turn right and drive for 2.9 - 3.5 miles and park, thats the honey hole this year. its our 3rd limit in 6 weeks.

M
mikeredding
Hey that's cool. I have heard that the Razors are plentiful this year.:dance:

Troutski
Troutski
Rod?

Rod?

What type of rod were you using?:);)
Sorry I tried not to do this but I couldn't resist. I should be sent to bed, actually that is where I am headed.
Thanks for sharing your special spot, very generous of you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chuck

H
halibuthitman
gear

gear

It was a walton powell hexograph with lee wolfe triangle taper and a home tied 12ft leader, I tried a 4wt with a 7ft leader but the clams were deep so I would recomend at least a 6-7 wt and the 12 ft leader, the wind was blowin so I had to have the ocean to my back( not safe ) and mending line was a bear so I used a kenai dry fly ( weighted treble hook ) and flossed em" good luck!!!

" I usedta could but I kain't no more, and 60% of the time it works every time!":naughty:

M
mikeredding
halibuthitman said:
" I usedta could but I kain't no more, and 60% of the time it works every time!":naughty:
:lol::cool::)That is one of the funniest signatures I have seen.