Clackamette Park

S

Shallowbay

Went out on Monday to check it out. I've never been there before. Is it worth it for fishing? Species? Any suggestions on bait, tackle, etc?

Seems like there were a ton of people out there, however, I'm hoping it was because of the holiday and that it is not usually that crowded.

Thanks!

-Shallowbay

M

Mike123

Well steelhead gotta go up the Clackamas, and that's right where the park is. I been thinking about making a trip there myself to check it out. For some reason i have a fascination with plunking.. haha. Here in a couple months or so, there are gonna be springers in that area! :dance:

A

autofisher

It usually gets a decent amount of people, just not a ton of fishermen. It gives you a good amount of access to the water and there are some riffles that you can fish. During coho season, the fish come up in pods and you can see the beginning and end of each one. From the mouth up to the island, there is some decent water to fish. If you want, you can cross over to the island, just make sure you get back before tide comes in, otherwise you're gonna get wet or stuck.

F

Fishtopher

If you want, you can cross over to the island, just make sure you get back before tide comes in, otherwise you're gonna get wet or stuck.

:clap::clap:Important info if you have someplace important to be at 2pm and high tide is at 1:45pm!!! Either get wet swimmin'...or just say eff it and fish until low tide.:lol:

A

autofisher

:clap::clap:Important info if you have someplace important to be at 2pm and high tide is at 1:45pm!!! Either get wet swimmin'...or just say eff it and fish until low tide.:lol:

Couple weeks after I fished up there with you, Kodiak and I were debating on fishing the island. I don't remember why we didn't, but I'm just glad we didn't have to swim.

Top Bottom