Clackamette Park Tuesday

T
tnffishman
So I was out by Clackamette today and after seein a guy catch a 18 inch smally and another guy catch a 20+ inch walleye I decided to give it a shot.
I was just retrieving worms and got a nice smallmouth on my second cast. Moved towards some rocks and got a nice 12 incher(pics below). Man I forgot how hard smallmouth hit and fight!

Saw a lot of springers jumping in the mouth of the clack and the guy who got the walleye switched over to a blue fox spoon and got one on his first cast with it. I threw the biggest spinner I had at them for an hour with no luck, but saw several dead fish floating downstream, all natives. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
F
fishy4
awesome i had some fun a few weeks ago there too with the smallies. were you off the point?

R
ryan808
Have you tried the little cove of the Clack? Im curious to know if it holds anythin in there

C
c_chickens
never tried it but thought about it! steep banks but looks like it could hold some bass! both large an small!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go!

R
ryan808
Ill try it this week and report back

kidholiday
kidholiday
The little cove there does hold a ton of bass. I have tried to fish it from the bank but no luck. Best bet a small boat and then tear it up.

R
ryan808
I still havent made it out there, let me know if anyone plans to go, we'll see if we can pull one out of there.

R
ryan808
Caught this one on Saturday. I ended the day with a couple, but this was the biggest of the bunch. I did see some huge carp on the eastern end.

D
Derick
I need someone to go out in a canoe with me at that clackamas lagoon. I have a decent sized canoe but its too much for 1 person and I was talking to a guy with a fish finder that was kind enough to identify some nice humps, drop offs and areas where lots of fish were holding.