Clackamette Park Fishing

S
Shallowbay
Never fished out there. I know that tons of different species run through ... shad, steelhead, etc. Any tips on bait, lures, time of day, etc. to have a good day on the river? It will be bank fishing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks as always!

T
TeamRamRod
Hey man. Clackamette park in my opinion isn't the greatest. Depending really where you go. If you stay on the Willy, you can salmon fish. Or shad. Or even hit some structure for bass. Its just a pain in the butt salmon/steelhead fishin from the bank there. I always seem to get snagged. But if you hop over the the clackamas river side, its a lot better for the salmon. I usually float that area, eggs, prawn-beads. Seems like the hot stuff changes quite often. Few people throw out green beads with a flat silver blade. I talked to a guy at Meldum Bar yesterday, he picked up a 33in springer on that green and silver blade. Fishin where the two rivers meet. Your best bet is to simply talk to people down there. Get some knowledge. Team RamRods opinion...Meldum Bar. RIght next to Clackamette park. Great salmon/steelhead fishin. Lil farther from the shad. But still good. Bass is awesome. Bottom feeders, carp, blah blah blah. All there. Hit up google. Let me know how ya do. Let er buck!

S
Shallowbay
Hey thanks for the advice. What's the best way to get over to the Clack side? I've only driven by so I don't know the area very well. Thanks.

T
TeamRamRod
Hop across the bridge there by Clackamette park, on 99E. First light, take a left onto river road. Bout a mile up the road you'll see a sign that says Meldrum Bar Park on the left. And from there, just explore.

S
Shallowbay
Very cool. Thank you sir!