clackamette lake

P
plunkme
Im new to bass fishing but im planning to go to clackamette lake to try it out on tuesday morning.. im planning to take out a float tube in the area... anyone want to roll with me.. im planning to buy a new float tube so i might have an extra set if anyone wants to ride along.. you are required to bring a bike pump to blow it up:D because i dont have one.. i figured i might as well try something new since i can't hook up any salmon or steelhead in the clackamas :(

F
fish_on!!!
What else lurk in that lake I remember last summer I saw a bunch of fish grabing bugs off the top every where like at a resently stockd lake at sunset!... Good luck!

F
Fishtopher
The Bass in there are tough to crack. They have all the food they need with the smolt runnin out the river now. But there are so many in there you should be able to find a hungry fish, or at least get one angry at your offering. Good luck!

P
plunkme
imma throw everything i got at them tomorrow :pray: i hope i get something..
anyone want to join me?

Y
youngbuck307
i might see you there just got back from the ER for my kidney stone so i should have the day off if not a few!!! what time you going to be there i might stop by to get out the house and get a line wet...also what time will you be taking off you think just incase i get a late start

P
PDXKush
Damn Young Buck. Sorry to hear about the stone. Hope yer well bro. Peace Kush

P
plunkme
i was out there from 8-10 but the water seemed way too cold for bass to be doing anything right now.. but then again ive never fished for bass before so i could be wrong

P
PDXKush
Watching Bill Dance it appears Bass like Warm water 65+. But those are them down south Bass. Not sure about the Pac NW slimers.

F
Fishtopher
They are still super lethargic. You can see them rise to sun everytime the sun breaks the clouds. The lake water is only a few degrees warmer than the chilly clack right now. Give it a few 80 degree days, fighting0066.gif and it'll be flame on!! Errr I mean fish on!!:D

Y
youngbuck307
i never seen the guy shooting flames... hes cool!! and ok what should i be tossin at them... and yea kush it really sucks the hurt so bad

D
dude young
The water in there (Sunday anyway) was about 58 in the main body and western side, just over 60 at the far east end. Basically still too cool for bass. The problem there is that as the snowmelt/rain intesifies, you will get a constant mixing with cooler river water, so I am guessing that it will warm up a bit slower on that west end. I saw many marks on the FF rising off the bottom to follow jigs, but would do just that, follow. About a few feet then right back down. Once you see them on their beds the picking will be easy. My fav tactic; white grub or tube (for visibility), pitch it just pas tthe bed, slowly drag it onto the bed and let it sit. The guard will pick it up ever so gently, sometimes so gently that you won't feel it, hence the white grub. When that happens, drive the hook home and hold on. They are usualy the cows guarding the nest. Fight 'em quick and release them back as close to the nest as possible. Any scavangers will raid the nest as soon as the guard is off and eat the eggs.

I know I'll be watching for reports. Hope you all have good luck.

F
FishSchooler
Someone else gave a hagg report and said that Hagg was 61+ already. :dance::dance:

P
plunkme
i wish i could see the ground though im sitting low to the water in my float tube so sadly i can't see where the beds are...

D
dude young
plunkme said:
i wish i could see the ground though im sitting low to the water in my float tube so sadly i can't see where the beds are...
Well, if I have room next time, you are welcome aboard. Not a big boat, but fully functional. I've got a toob too. Though I never fished for bass from it, just trout. Where do you stash all the rods? And gear?

P
plunkme
on my lap:lol: and in the side pockets thats bout it

D
dude young
I love a see through bottom. And, a nice set of, of... ...paddles, yeah, nice paddles.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:shock: Oh my...:redface: :redface: :lol:

Be safe?

Barb