Rivers Clackamas River Fishing Reports

305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
I know with all the wildfires and poor conditions this might not be the best time to ask.

Has anyone gone down to see if the Coho are there yet?

Once this passes I can't wait to go target them.

Stay safe everyone

Reactions: Admin
S
Socaaron
Oh they're there. Just not in any substanial numbers yet. The bulk of the run usually comes in the middle of October. With the forecasted rain we should hopefully see some push of fish moving into the systems. I'm not sure how the Eagle Creek circus will play out this year with the closures due to fires but I've always made it a point to fish lower down and avoid that mess. Coho will let you know when they're in the water in any numbers they can't not show OFF..jerks.
I did pick up a nice Jack Saturday and a Nook that went back on monday at a neighboring river..

S
Socaaron
The aforementioned fish cause if there's no pics it didn't happen...

• -7756786838547299634.jpg
  • MVIMG_20200914_093400 (1).jpg
Reactions: Admin and PhoFish
305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
Never done the Eagle creek part i stay below Barton. Should I continue up ?

I like Neighboring river, how is the turbidity of it ?

Thanks Socaaron

Diehard
Diehard
Nice fish thanks for sharing what did you get them on if you dont mind sharing

S
Socaaron
305to503fishermen said:
Never done the Eagle creek part i stay below Barton. Should I continue up ?

I like Neighboring river, how is the turbidity of it ?

Thanks Socaaron
I like to walk in from the nature area just below Barton bridge, there's 2 good runs of Coho water just a short hike in. The first being in sight of the bridge and the second down around the corner. The neighboring river is OFF color but visibility isn't as bad as it gets sometimes, still fishable.

S
Socaaron
Diehard said:
Nice fish thanks for sharing what did you get them on if you dont mind sharing
No secret there, twitching jigs. The ho on purple and the nook on black and chartreuse, 3/8-1/2oz Fisherman's had the Addicted one's on sale last week.
I like to tie my own but the patterns are pretty much all the same

Diehard
Diehard
Socaaron said:
No secret there, twitching jigs. The ho on purple and the nook on black and chartreuse, 3/8-1/2oz Fisherman's had the Addicted one's on sale last week.
I like to tie my own but the patterns are pretty much all the same
Thank you sir apreciate the info my favorite is bobber and egg

305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
Yeah, it's a nice area to fish.

I also like right there in Gladstone. Once this smoke clears I will probably give it a go.

I like to throw blue fox and might give twitching a go this year.

M
Mtnsaremyhome
The Metro website says all of their access points are closed on the Clack due to fires, is this true, has anyone been to the ones near barton?

The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
The Clackamas is under severe fire watch and it's advised that anglers stay away from the area to allow fire crews to work the affected area (fire departments are taking water from Barton and Carver Park boat ramps). Fishing at the mouth of the river may be an option however, where most of the fish are likely to gather anyway.

Reactions: Aervax
Diehard
Diehard
The Guides Forecast said:
The Clackamas is under severe fire watch and it's advised that anglers stay away from the area to allow fire crews to work the affected area (fire departments are taking water from Barton and Carver Park boat ramps). Fishing at the mouth of the river may be an option however, where most of the fish are likely to gather anyway.
That's funny didn't see any yesterday when i was there for three hrs what gives the fire take a day off?

Admin
Admin
Diehard said:
That's funny didn't see any yesterday when i was there for three hrs
Good. This means the situation got better. Right?
Have you seen any fish?

Diehard
Diehard
Admin said:
Good. This means the situation got better. Right?
Have you seen any fish?
It was pretty dead when I was there I saw a fish roll but I left b4 the evening bite so I may have missed out mid day is not the greatest but it was nice to get out

The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
Clackamas River coho fishing is heating up. The Clackamas has seen another small bump in river levels and as we enter peak migration for coho, action should be getting good for anglers that can access the river. Some bank fishing spots are more challenging to access due to fire damage, but boaters and bank anglers working from the mouth of Eagle Creek downstream should find success over the weekend. Fish should be on the move under these conditions.

B
Buggtyer
What happened to the fishing below North Fork Dam on the Clackamas River ?.
I used to go fish the fast water just below the dam and below the dead line down to where there is a long stretch of calm water.
Over past years I have caught many steelhead, coho and a few salmon on this stretch of water but the last few times I've been there has been pure disappointment.
I mention a few salmon because those brutes are tough to catch in fast water on a fly rod, hopping, jumping over rocks and trying to save my legs from blunt force trauma. Remember you still have to hike back to the car parked below the gate, it's a long way when your knee is swollen from a fall.
Are the fish being caught below and transported elsewhere or has the fish count been that low and has this been going on for years ?.
Any news or updates on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

J
Jay K
Planning to dive past Harriet and see how close I can get to the Clack or it’s upper tributaries. Read 224 was closed from east of Promontory park to mile marker 49.8 which would be at Ripplebrook. Not sure what the conditions are like above it. Anyone know if you can access the area?

J
Jay K
I can answer my own question. Just found the list of all the closures and service road 46 is listed so it looks like the upper reaches of the clack are off limits. Looking forward to spring 2022🤞

DOKF
DOKF
If then ... It took a couple years for the Gorge to recover after the 2017 Eagle Creek fires.

I hope the firecracker kid is still locked up ...

F
Fishpdx
DOKF said:
If then ... It took a couple years for the Gorge to recover after the 2017 Eagle Creek fires.

I hope the firecracker kid is still locked up ...
Firecracker kid never went to jail , but they have him under watch . I know him personally

Top Bottom