Clackamas River salmon fishing

W
Want2Fish39
Hello fishing peeps I got a few questions for ya.

1)Ive never fished the Clackamas river before and was wondering if people fish below the north fork reservoir Or is it mainly above that river mill dam?

2)Also being new to salmon / steelhead fishing, would it be better to fish at the clackamette park (more down river) during this time or should I go more upriver towards mciver park area?

3) anyone have a guideline of how to know which part is good or how to follow fish by reading the counts? I have no idea what im doing šŸ˜‚

Last edited by a moderator:
C
cchinook
The Clackamas River was once a great salmon river , no more . Go to the Sandy , Oxbow Park , #4 spinners . Now would be good .

I have 40 yrs. of experience playing with salmon.

Reactions: Want2Fish39
F
Fred
I went to the sandy at oxbow last weekend and saw a giant chrome spring chinook jump clear out of the water right in front of me.

• Love
Reactions: Want2Fish39
A
Anotherdude
Is Oxbow open now?

my2labs
my2labs
Both rivers have chinook in them. Neither support amazing runs.

F
Fred
C
cchinook
Fred said:
I went to the sandy at oxbow last weekend and saw a giant chrome spring chinook jump clear out of the water right in front of me.
Many of them are not clipped , that does not mean they are wild . Thanks O.D.F.W. !

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Better chances on the Sandy, but like was posted neither has amazing runs anymore.

W
Want2Fish39
Fred said:
Friggin awesome. I need to go!

W
Want2Fish39
cchinook said:
The Clack . was once a great salmon river , no more . Go to the Sandy , Oxbow Park , #4 spinners . Now would be good .

I have 40 yrs. of experience playing with salmon. Text your phone no. to me at cchinook45@yahoo.com and I will fill you in.
Thanks! Sent you and email, appreciate it.

W
Want2Fish39
Hooked Up said:
Better chances on the Sandy, but like was posted neither has amazing runs anymore.
Crossing my fingers lol

W
Want2Fish39
What scents do you guys recommend? I just bought Some procure herring super gel for my spinners not sure how they will do but Iā€™m hoping good things lol.