Clackamas river hen.

J
jathrtn
Here is a nice hen that i picked up on the clack sun 3-20-11. She sure put up a nice scrap. Caught her on one of my marabou drifters that i tie.:D

• DSCN0342 - Copy (640x480).jpg
Reactions: metalfisher76
M
metalfisher76
Noyce lady! Rumor has it there are feesh in there;);)

T
Troutier Bassier
Well since you put it in the Tutorial section, can you show us how to tie these things?

J
jathrtn
Troutier Bassier said:
Well since you put it in the Tutorial section, can you show us how to tie these things?

I will take a pic of them and post them. My favorite color is a fuscia and black, or hot pink and black.:cool:

J
jathrtn
Actually here is a pic of 3 types. The red and black is schlappen, tied palmered style. The ones to the right are marabou. The 1 farthest to the right has a few strands of UV crystal flash that you can pick up at a local fly shop. When i fish these i drift them with a slinky (4 shot) and a slider/ with about 3 to 4 feet leader. I pour my own slinky shots as well. I have modified a few the 1/8th oz crevis in my jig mold to allow me to pour only round shots. I dont use a corky, i drift them solo. They have been productive for me espescially the hot pink and black. I like the marabou better than the schlappen, i think the marabou has better action in the water to give a more life like presentation.

T
Troutier Bassier
Those look really nice, and fish slayers!! thanks! :)

W
waco
Nice jigs or flies!!! they look very fishable!!!