Clackamas River Fishing

O
osmosis
Fished 5 hours this morning with two friends on the Clackamas river. We were in a sled in the upper river (between carver and barton).
We managed one Wild Chinook jack at 20-22", that was released before a photo op' to minimize stress.
Chrome bright as they get for clackamas fish too, unfortunate it was wild!

Also landed one adult late Winter Steelhead hen.

Missed one or two other fish too. Get out there and fish - It only gets better for chinook from here - and there are plenty of steelhead in the river.

This is the keeper for the day.
This fish is on my traeger as we speak.

It has a bit of color, but it's gonna be delicious

Clackamas River Fishing

O
osmosis
Clackamas River

Was a short day on the water. We left the house at 1:30. There were two of us on the boat. I was running the motors while my lovely lady ran the rods.

She had just finished putting out my diver and bait for the first pass, grabbed her rod and started back bouncing... (we had a diver and bait out for me so I didn't have to do anything while running the motors).
I was slowly backing down the river same as plug fishing/back trolling - we made it no more than 30 feet into our first pass when my rod buries hard and keeps throbbing. I tell her "Fish on! grab that rod!"
she drops her rod to the deck, and pulls the rod out of the rod holder. I crank her gear in while I keep the boat straight- she's got a smile ear to ear, and a north river 8'6" #8-12 flex'd about max.
after a 10 minute battle with her arms burning I slid the 30" hatchery hen chinook into the net.

after whacking + bleeding + tagging the fish - we re-baited and set up for the next pass. We took 3 more passes (total of 1.5 hours on the water) then decided that it was time to head home and fire up the traeger!

Chrome Clackamas springer for dinner tonight! so fresh no scales came off with the net!!

as soon as photobucket stops screwing with me there will be a pic.

Here it is:
chinook6-17-08074.jpg

Last edited:
O
osmosis
Dinner was goood..

hs109.jpg

O
osmosis
Got another fresh springer today. 35 Inch hatchery hen chinook!
Same spot put a fish out for us two days in a row :D, normally I have to work harder than that...

Another gorgeous day with great company.

6-18chinook005.jpg

and a fish longer than, and almost as wide as the cooler
6-18chinook002.jpg