Clackamas coho at the mouth of Eagle Creek

T
troutmasta
Put my go pro in the mouth of the E. creek for about 20min while I was fishing the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
S
sapo
Wow, tons of fish!! Eagle creek looks like a great place to fish, but how are the crowds? would there be more people there, or the sandy if I went in a week or two? thanks

T
troutmasta
Crowds at both but after a little rain plenty of fish. Water was getting low in video fish were coloring up.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
too bad none of the big ones made it that far! LOL

great video, based on the edits, looks like they definitely came past in groups, as I guess would be expected from salmon...

B
bagold53
nice need to get me one of those go pros.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Very cool video.

E
eugene1
Awesome to see them coming up!

J
JustMe
Great video! It gives defininate proof of the need to get your plug/spinner/spoon/eggs/yarn down near the bottom, that's where all the fish were.

O
OnTheDrop
Ronald Jenkees!

D
DrTheopolis
JustMe said:
Great video! It gives defininate proof of the need to get your plug/spinner/spoon/eggs/yarn down near the bottom, that's where all the fish were.

Yes and no.

Aggressive fish are the ones that bite. And aggressive fish will come up OFF the bottom to hit your presentation. Fishing above the bottom might result in less bites, but the ones that do will be brighter. In the tribs, I'd venture to say that possibly the majority of chromers I've caught came way OFF the bottom to strike.

Depend on water depth and color, though.

T
troutmasta
I'm all about fishing the bottom. That's where you go to find em