Clack Tomorrow?

V
VagrantAngler
Thinking of heading out early in the AM tomorrow. Anybody been getting into the summers between Cross and Riverside?

D
drew
is it a good time to steal head fish in the clack now?

I dont know too much about fishing but i love to do it with a few friends and last summer i got a big stealhead(i think) on a trout poll and the line broke once i got them to the shore the line snapped. happened two different times!!!

I fish where the Clackamas river hits the Willamette river near the bridge
Thanks

Y
youngbuck307
o yea clack is great right now steelhead and salmon in there right now... if i could only get one to the bank:rolleyes:.... if i find my car keys i will be at cross and riverside probably

V
VagrantAngler
heading out now...overslept a bit:cool: I'm heading to Cross first probably be across the bridge. I'll have a White(well it used to be) N.C. Hat on.

K
koboabe
I was at Riverside yesterday, but we didn't have a single bite... I might be fishing in the wrong spot though.
I know it was the first hot weekend, but that park was packed with folks.
is Riverside always busy in the summer?

J
just1nook
Nice catch VA! Sorry it wasn't a keeper. Which drift ya pull it out of?

V
VagrantAngler
Across the bridge at Cross park on the Rock point. Best part was I had an audience...Clackamas County Sherriff was taking photo's of their fast response boat when I hooked into her:cool:

F
Fishtopher
nice catch. 5-0 does a lot of training and crap in that area. come to think of it, they do a lot of actual work in that area too.
everytime i snag up there, i get to thinkin' bout hookin up with a stiff of some kid that drown the day before when I fish that stretch from high rocks to cross. could happen...right?

K
koboabe
Fishtopher said:
nice catch. 5-0 does a lot of training and crap in that area. come to think of it, they do a lot of actual work in that area too.
everytime i snag up there, i get to thinkin' bout hookin up with a stiff of some kid that drown the day before when I fish that stretch from high rocks to cross. could happen...right?

HAHA, you never know what you will find downstream from high rocks
do you guys like Cross park or Riverside more?

V
VagrantAngler
I've hit Riverside a few times, usually when the water is up a bit and I like the drifts there. Haven't been very succesful but I like the look of the water. Cross is just sooooo close to the house that I often get lazy and head over there. My favorite River is the Nisqually up in Olympia, Wa. It's in my parents back yard so I got to know it fairly well. It's just to damned far to drive most of the time.

F
Fishtopher
koboabe said:
HAHA, you never know what you will find downstream from high rocks
Exactly!!

koboabe said:
do you guys like Cross park or Riverside more?
I dont prefer one over the other. I fish Riverside more because it's about 3 minutes closer than Cross.