Clack summers ?

S
skunk
Anyone have any ideas why I can catch plenty of winters from the clack and can't find a summer to save my life. Mostly fishing the mciver area and what the...? Hear everyone else getting them but I just can't find them. Tried tail outs, riffles, deep, shallow, just about everything I can think of. Ideas? pM's?

F
fishing_mission
What are you throwin at em?

S
skunk
I've tried eggs, (they work on winters) sand shrimp, prawns (again work great on winters) all drift fished. Jigs under floats, and some hardware (not much). Again, I have no problems finding willing winter biters. I'm wondering if the summers don't like the same spots/water that winters do? I usually float barton to carver for winters. I've moved up to feldheimers and mciver area for summers.

M
Modest_Man
Have you downsized your presentations for summer fish? Like 1/8th or smaller jigs (nightmare is pretty productive).

D
dozer365
Fish tight to cover. Shallow riffles. Same problem for me. Today I was throwing everything I could at the slaughter hole at below dog creek. Not a sniff. Steel flopping everywhere. 2 guys limit in an hour next to me fishing the same nightmare I was. No difference. Not leader. Not float. Idk. Finally got frustrated and found diff water with a biter. Hardware all the way for me. Small hardware.

S
steelie_killa
R u sure theyre winters? All ive seen hooked up there are summers...i was told that they dont clip the lips for the summers anymore...i may b wrong tho.

W
waco
I floated the clack yesterday, Barton-Carver tons of steelhead and not a single boat fishing! With this little cooler weather they are coming up!
Have you tried the clear drift bobbers those are great specially for clear low water I got some with just some sandshrimp tail under the bobber!
20130525_142909.jpg

Last edited: