Clack beast!

C
ChezJfrey
LOL!

Hit a spoon that was given to me the other day.

BTW, HalibutHitman...you sir, are a liar! You tell everybody if they fish spoons, they will catch an abundance of 12+ lb. steelhead. I've hooked exactly one of those and this li'l runt is probably a lot closer to 4 ;)

2013-12-13_12-19-52_634.jpg

H
halibuthitman
Well, you have to fish in a river with an abundance of. 12 lb steelhead..... Just sayin ;)

H
halibuthitman
Try tossing one of those out on the Nehalem in feb...

C
ChezJfrey
halibuthitman said:
Well, you have to fish in a river with an abundance of. 12 lb steelhead..... Just sayin ;)

LOL, yeah I figured that was a large part of the equation missing from the Clackamas...just bustin' chops :)

O
OnTheDrop
Hey, I floated by you last year in March in that spot... Atleast I think it was. Fighting an old dirty Nate.

Nice Bruteeee!

R
radiation
That may be a small one but it is freaking BRITE!

S
SteelyDan's
That's a beauty right there no matter how big it is. Hey I got that same measuring tape in my pack. Haha. Nice job on another fish.

E
eugene1
Sweet fish, Chez!

Sometimes size doesn't matter, at least with such a pretty early chromer anyway.

Best,

J
JeannaJigs
BEAST MODE!

At least it's shiny. Oh so shiny...shiny, shiny object.

D
DrTheopolis
halibuthitman said:
Well, you have to fish in a river with an abundance of. 12 lb steelhead..... Just sayin

I'll see if I can get my friend's permission to post a pic of his late Clack hatchery winter from last season. 17# gutted. Wasn't exactly chrome, but about as beastly a hatchery fish as you'll see.

D
DrTheopolis
halibuthitman said:
Try tossing one of those out on the Nehalem in feb...

Below the confluence of the Salmonberry, up through April. Haven't done that one in a long time. Clipped fish are extremely rare, but for C&R nate fishing, the size of the fish there is jaw-dropping. They seem like suckers for big shiny hardware (bait fishing for natives is not C&R friendly, IMO).

Good times and no crowds there.

D
DrTheopolis
I haven't been fishing much myself, due to a hip injury. Might have to fix that Wednesday, since I just got sent pics of a steelie caught on the Clack today. They drifted Barton to Carver, 1/2 for the boat (the professional hooked both).

Unclipped fish, estimated at about 5# (looks about right from the pics). They said the water was 36 degrees, fish hooked on jigs (hard to get them to bite much of anything in 36*, but it can be done). Lots of boats, few reports of fish, water crystal clear, or so I was told.

Yup, might have to go suffer Wednesday.

C
ChezJfrey
DrTheopolis said:
I haven't been fishing much myself, due to a hip injury. Might have to fix that Wednesday, since I just got sent pics of a steelie caught on the Clack today. They drifted Barton to Carver, 1/2 for the boat (the professional hooked both).

Unclipped fish, estimated at about 5# (looks about right from the pics). They said the water was 36 degrees, fish hooked on jigs (hard to get them to bite much of anything in 36*, but it can be done). Lots of boats, few reports of fish, water crystal clear, or so I was told.

Yup, might have to go suffer Wednesday.

Yep, the water was very clear yesterday and the water temp was mid 30s, so those two factors make getting a bite difficult, but there are definitely steelhead around.

I will say, it's a lot easier and less frustrating fishing when the guides aren't icing up like my last couple attempts prior to yesterday :)

D
DrTheopolis
My friend said it was so clear that everyone in the boat clearly saw an absolute monster sitting on the bottom. They're there, and I'm going to get some.

I mean, we can't all be ChezJfrey, but I'll still get me some, if you leave any in there.

S
SOMCREW
True Monster!

C
catchallthefish
my buddy swore that in his hole on roosters he slays massive 35+ fish .... fished all day and landed a 4 inch steal head male pretty sweet dude no camera so i released him with a bunch of fight left in him that was the only fish of the day