Christmas presents

brandon4455

brandon4455

anyone care to share what they have got for a early xmas present or what they are getting for xmas? and if you don't know what you are getting just post it after xmas lets "brag" about what we have im getting a new redington 8wt outfit for steelhead :D im really excited

C

colbypearson

anyone care to share what they have got for a early xmas present or what they are getting for xmas? and if you don't know what you are getting just post it after xmas lets "brag" about what we have im getting a new redington 8wt outfit for steelhead :D im really excited[/QUOT

sweet! i am gonna try to get my fly rod all set up soon :)

T

Throbbit _Shane

Im gonna get myself a nice spinning reel, real soon :D :D

brandon4455

brandon4455

awesome!! does anyone else have trouble sleeping before xmas besides me? i keep having dreams about hooking steelhead on my brand new fly rod and it wont stop LOL. after everyone gets there stuff we can post pictures too! :D and colby, ive seen people do good with popper flies for bass fish em along the side of a weedbed,, works ver well.

B

beaverfan

So far I've gotten a really nice fishing vest and will be getting a fly tying tool kit in a couple of days.

C

colbypearson

awesome!! does anyone else have trouble sleeping before xmas besides me? i keep having dreams about hooking steelhead on my brand new fly rod and it wont stop LOL. after everyone gets there stuff we can post pictures too! :D and colby, ive seen people do good with popper flies for bass fish em along the side of a weedbed,, works ver well.

this year im not gonna have trouble sleeping before X-mas, im not gonna go into detail why

brandon4455

brandon4455

exciting stuff guys :D! and colby i have a feeling i know why you will have no trouble sleeping hehehe.

brandon4455

brandon4455

forgot to mention all the gear from dave,,and the lamiglas rod. idk if the rod was meant as an xmas present but it was a awesome gift

T

Thuggin4Life

We skipping Christmas this year. I am broke and unemployed and my fiance is a struggling college student. If this unemployment extensions passes in the next few days that will be all we need for Christmas.

Last edited:
E

everett464

While not exactly for Christmas, my Mother in Law sprung for the new vice I have been shopping for for the last six months or so. It is ordered, and I should have it by the end of the week. Stoked!

S

Spydeyrch

so my mom and step-dad were originally were just going to give my wife and I $50 each for what ever we wanted. They wanted to focus on the grandkids, which is fine with me. :)

Then last night she calls and asks me if I would like a float tube or a pontoon!!!!!!! :shock::shock:

I was like, HECK YEAH!!!!! :dance::dance::clap::clap:

But then I thought about it for a second. I would rather get a new (and first might I add) fly rod. So I spouted off some brands, models, prices, stores, gear, etc. she said that she knows that I would like fishing gear but that she is not too knowledgeable about what and which so she is leaving that to my step-dad to take care off cause apparently he used to be a big fisherman up in northern Idaho.

When he found out last month that I was into fishing, his ears perked up and he started talking my language!!! I knew that he was a big hunter but I didn't know he was a big fisherman. He and I have always gotten along but we never really had anything in common.

But know, it's like we can't stop talking about fishing when we get together. So it has been nice to have something to relate to with him. And I think it has been nice for him. His only two boys both live far away or are too busy. Once lives in Northern Idaho still and the other is just about to get married and is too busy with his job, fiance, training, etc.

So, hopefully Santa will be nice and bring me my first fly setup!!! I would rather have that than a float tube/pontoon.:think:

But we will see. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

-Spydey

C

colbypearson

We skipping Christmas this year. I am broke and unemployed and my fiance is a struggling college student. If this unemployment extensions passes in the next few days that will be all we need for Christmas.

same here

F

fishtales

Not gifts but every year the family gets together the weekend before or earlier and sets up a cresh. The younger kids get to learn about the traditions of Christmas and what not.

J

JAYDEE

I got a G loomis str1025c in IMX. Sweet stick!