Chinook/steelhead question???

W
waco
What is the best place to try catch salmon or steelhead? seems like is kind of dead fishing right now? any help would be really apreciated. Thanks guys!!!

V
VagrantAngler
I'm thinking about plunking the Big C tomorrow in the AM. Everything else is too low and clear for me.

M
metalfisher76
There are still plenty of opportunities on the Clack and Sandy. Go smaller, go darker and go to the white waters and tail outs.

A
autofisher
X2 of what metalfisher said..... look for the more oxygen rich water in the whitewater/ tailouts. Small and dark will get you into a lot of different fish right now.

V
VagrantAngler
True. I've got some tarnished brass spinners that work pretty freaking good in the low water. Maybe I'll shoot to the upper clack instead of bein lazy. Anybody hittin the OFF hole tomorrow?

V
ves
If you dont mind a little drive the mouth of the deschutes and up is usually really good for steelhead. Throwing black spinners and plugs is what we do a lot there.

M
metalfisher76
The Big D will produce for sure. But I`d wait a couple weeks to make the drive myself.

B
bigsteel
metalfisher76 said:
The Big D will produce for sure. But I`d wait a couple weeks to make the drive myself.

you never wait to hit the deschutes:D god i love that river