chinook season has reopened

D
dan88
time to try some more plunking on the Columbia!

A
Airs98
I heard it's mostly jacks in the catch. Did anyone catch a big one yesterday?

J
JKham
I'm a total newbie when it comes to salmon fishing and I want to catch a salmon so bad! Where do you go to plunk on the Columbia?

N
Noahk
From the reports I've read there are a lot of jacks but still plenty of fish in the 10-15 range and a few over 20. I'm sure the jacks will be fun too and still good eating! I'm thinking about hitting it this weekend but I'm not sure about shore spots.

brandon4455
brandon4455
the mouth of tanner creek at bonneville or chinook landing i think.

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
the mouth of tanner creek at bonneville or chinook landing i think.
Probably a great time to try it. I hear the fish are running really shallow because of the amount of water coming down. 10-15 foot range.

R
rippin fish lips
brandon4455 said:
the mouth of tanner creek

You won't be able to catch (ME) out of (MY) own creek! :D

J
JKham
Noahk said:
Probably a great time to try it. I hear the fish are running really shallow because of the amount of water coming down. 10-15 foot range.

Would would you suggest for bait; sand shrimp, eggs or cured shrimp? Also, is there safe parking spots there?

S
sawdustsavage
Nets go back in at 5P.M. tommorow.

brandon4455
brandon4455
use a spin glo rig (plunking) with sandshrimp people gather at the mouth of tanner and just huck their stuff out and sit. and there is a parking lot there too.

N
Noahk
JKham said:
Would would you suggest for bait; sand shrimp, eggs or cured shrimp? Also, is there safe parking spots there?
I'm not really too sure. I will probably be using cured prawns or kwick fish but I won't be on the shore. Google plunking set up.

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
use a spin glo rig (plunking) with sandshrimp people gather at the mouth of tanner and just huck their stuff out and sit. and there is a parking lot there too.
There you go! What he said!