Chinook out of Depoe Bay

R
redneckguy77
my aunt bought me a fishing trip out of depoe bay for graduation and i was wondering when is it the best time of season for Chinook and is the tradewinds charter a good company

thanks for the help

T
the_intimidator03
I went out fishing in September with my mom out of tradewinds charters in Depot bay, We had a great time bottom fishing, a few salmon even caught on that trip. They are helpful. Great place to get into ocean fishing, Is the fishing trip for Depot bay tradewinds only? As there is another Tradewinds in Newport that originally was together with Depot bay Tradewinds but they went their seperate ways. But as for now ill stick on topic with Depot Bay. They will put you on fish I can almost guarentee it. My mom and I brought back 14lb of black seabass fillets from 2 limits.

Also Welcome to the forums

M
metalfisher76
My dad went out with them and had a good time. I`ll be going with them when I go out of Depot.

T
The Nothing
Tradewinds is definitely one of the best out of Depoe. Give them a call and they'll tell ya when you should head out for kings

Irishrover
Irishrover
I'd wait until at least june 26th that's not too far away. That's the opener for the coho season. The good news this year, as compared to the last couple of years, is you are allowed to keep chinook. When you pick a time to go keep an eye on the weather. Smooth water make for a more enjoyable fishing trip. Here is a sight that I uses quite often prior to heading out into the ocean. There is a good article in the Northwest Sportsman June magazine regaring ocean chinook fishing for this year. You should have fun!!

Marine Forecast : Weather Underground

R
rippin fish lips
i have seen some pretty big chinook caught out of depoe. redneckguy77, im in the same situation as you! my mom got me a guided fishing trip in winchesterbay for graduation, scheduled for july 7th, was going to be june 27th but the guide said the salmon havent shown up yet and are still deep. i am going with "strike zone" charters. the guide souns really laid back on the phone. have any of u went out with them? if so update me and tell me how the experience was please. sorry to change the subject to winchester, but depoe bay is good to! and trade winds is a good company to go out with!

H
Hover
I like these guys. When last year for bottom fishing and quotaed the boat. They wil put you on the fish and its a fun time. So much so, I'm going again in July for Salmon! Rode the Kadaho...fun crew!