Chinook at Winchester Bay?

K
kwikfisher
Any fish being caught yet?

C
CoastalMoe
We are having a great early morning bite for the last week or so... With this weeks overcast conditions the fishing has picked up along the banks at half moon bay as well as off osprey point during the incoming tide and it dies off after the slack tide... Several in the 25-29 pound range with a couple over 30 pounds..!!! Crabbing is very much improved from the slow start we had this season... Be sure to stop by and see us at the Stockade for anything you need and current conditions...

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Report of a 35lb Nook on the Slaw yesterday!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GaryP1958 said:
Report of a 35lb Nook on the Slaw yesterday!

well, Jerry's nook on 8/8 posted at 11am by Siuslaw Marina & RV Park was only 34#, that's close enough to 35# for me...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
CoastalMoe said:
We are having a great early morning bite for the last week or so... With this weeks overcast conditions the fishing has picked up along the banks at half moon bay as well as off osprey point during the incoming tide and it dies off after the slack tide... Several in the 25-29 pound range with a couple over 30 pounds..!!! Crabbing is very much improved from the slow start we had this season... Be sure to stop by and see us at the Stockade for anything you need and current conditions...

thanks for the detailed report Moe, sounds like the Siuslaw has had it's first burps of nooks come in, mostly an early morning bite that fades quick, decent number of jacks and a few big adults...bottom line, life is good here at the coast...

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Yep my home river sure kicks out some nice nooks, now we need more details as in how far upriver etc!

R
rippin fish lips
GaryP1958 said:
Yep my home river sure kicks out some nice nooks, now we need more details as in how far upriver etc!

Get out there and mark some fish! If you have been fishing it for the last couple years, sounds like you have been. You should know where these fish push to and hold. I bet if you target any deeper area where the ind may propell the bait fish or even the current you can mark some! lol Chasing reports only makes a fisherman Late!!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Enjoy Eugene!

P
plumb2fish
Headed down to catch my first Siuslaw nook of the fall this weekend...
Oh wait this is the Winchester page...oops
Did some motor mooching last Sunday, had 2 takes, failed miserably both times...

I
Iki Jime
I was down there last Saturday, Sept. 12. Had something huge bite, but took my lure. Reeled in a 24" hatchery Coho and took it home.

I
Iki Jime
Woohoo!! I brought in another Coho this morning (Sunday 9/27). This one was native and bigger than the last... 28", 10 lb. Hen had a couple of roe sacks! This was my third salmon ever that I've caught. I'm addicted!

12002524_10153642688931303_6163360661938826332_o.jpg