Chinook at Tanner Creek

R
Roolinghills
So it's obviously closed to fishing until November, but it's awesome to see these monsters pushing up stream so I grabbed some video. I've never seen so many fish in one place, at one time, in my entire life.

http://youtu.be/o8CmXIhGqWI

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
wow about 1:43 there is something Albino by the upper left rock....

i remember being a kid at my grandparents house on Lake Samamish and watching Salmon swim by there dock and then going into Issaquah and seeing the river so full of them you could walk across without getting wet......way back in the 70's :cool:

bass
bass
Awesome video. I have never seen anything like that in person. Thanks for sharing!

F
fishtales
Beautiful video. It reminds me of fishing a few places out of state. Nice to see the limitations here in Oregon. a lot of fish in crystal clear water is a good thing. Thanks for sharing.

R
Roolinghills
Ya, the only time I've seen that many in one spot was on tv! I've gone back a couple times to fish the stretch of the Columbia that's just below the creek, had to get some video this last time. When the tide gets lowest you just see em' fighting through the rocks at the mouth.

There's been quite a few people, probably 30-40, fishing every type of rig you can think of. Most I've seen was a jack the third time I went out. A lot of fish, but not a lot of bites. Seeing em' makes the trip seem a lot more "worth it". And I might have had more luck swinging flies, with more fish jumping than anything, but no way was that gonna happen with the recent winds. Just lead to personal-best crow's nest.

And the guy who landed the jack was using a little cleo, silver. But that was the same for almost all of em'.

S
salsinker
I haven't seen fish in a stream like that since I was in Kodiak. This video bring back a lot of memories. Thanks for sharing.