Chinook and kokanee

jamisonace
jamisonace
Yesterday my friend and I went to Odell and and fished until about noon. Fishing was really good early but slowed down down to a dead stop after about 2 hours. We ended up with 11 fish and and all of this year's fish were about 14" and really fat, next year's fish were smaller but still nice fish. We got 2 fish on the surface, one fish jigging and the rest were trolling at around 40 to 50'. They are not schooled up in front of Trapper Creek yet. In fact, there were almost no fish around Trapper Creek.

This morning my friend and I went to the Umpqua just down from my house and found this buck just before sunrise. I've been waiting a year for these guys to show backup in my backyard. 18 pounds and cut like it came from the ocean.

• 20210904_161611.jpg
  • 20210904_062718.jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: O. mykiss and Fred
G
Gulfstream
was it crowded? How about air quality? Thanks

jamisonace
jamisonace
Gulfstream said:
was it crowded? How about air quality? Thanks
Plenty of boats but not crowded. Air quality was fantastic.

G
Gulfstream
THANKS !

Reactions: jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
More Umpqua chinook. 3 bites this morning for 1 fish and finished my limit in the evening. A buddy tagged the first fish. Limit is 1 a day and 5 a year. I like company so they can tag the fish and I take home half. In the case of this particular friend he only wants enough for one meal so I gets lots of fish.

My technique does get lots of bites but they seem to miss it a lot. I need to fine tune things.

Reactions: O. mykiss and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Lost an absolute heart breaker. He pulled my drift boat around the river for over 5 minutes, maybe 10 before I got it to the surface and saw it was barely hooked. Made a total rookie move when I got anxious and tried to net it too soon. All I got in the net was half the body and when the fish flopped out it was free. Maybe the strongest salmon I've ever hooked. Just pulled me around like a train engine....amazing. Went back this morning and hooked two in about 20 minutes. Always nice to get done quickly.

Look at the quality of the one I brought home. My wife accused me of altering the photo. I swear I did not. LOL

Reactions: NKlamerus, Fishpdx and O. mykiss