Chinok salmon on the Siuslaw, or...

E
everett464
I am looking to catch some Nooks on the Siuslaw this fall, and I was hoping to glean some advice from OFFers.

I will likely be wading, and I'd like to get some ideas about places to fish, proper time to begin targeting, and techniques.

Anyone got anything for me?

T
Thuggin4Life
fish along hwy 36 from mappleton on up anywhere you can get to the water. wait until you here a lot of good tidewater reports for a few weeks and then wait for a good rain and start right above tidewater and work up. your best bet would be to give me $100 towards finishing my boat then i will "guide" you into some with my boat and my gear and everything. lol good luck

E
everett464
hahaha... well, if I come up with $100 that I just can't manage to spend on gear, flies, a new wading jacket, bad ass windproof gloves, or whiskey, I will mos def sen it your way.

Seriously though, your boat is going to need some serious breaking in once you get it wrapped up. I would be more than happy in assisting you to that end, and I could even likely make some gas donations.

T
Thuggin4Life
For sure man we will have to get you out once it is done. I have an extra set up for nook trolling that you can use. all it requires is gas donations and bait. i'll get at you when she is done.

F
Finneus Polebender
should pick up after begining of sept a few fish now very few, thuggin is stearing you the right way want to get there o dark thirty to clame the prime spots eggs and a bobber like he said usually big numbers after the first decent rain . Good luck FP P.S. my salmon guy will be happy with around 40 a trip all inclusive , only prob is that is only when an empty seat is available ,"not that often" will keep you in mind if your interested.

E
everett464
I guess he's an XBOX, and I'm more Atari

Can I get a hell yeah? Definitely let me know. I would be stoked with $40.

F
Finneus Polebender
everett464 said:
Can I get a hell yeah? Definitely let me know. I would be stoked with $40.

yep pretty nice price thats why they are hard to come by and thats for the siuslaw trip cause it is close .Never know though made 4 calls to fill the third seat last trip to the umpqua ,will let ya know when /if there be one up for grabs.

N
nwkiller
FP Let me know if there are 2 seats open...lol

F
Finneus Polebender
nwkiller said:
FP Let me know if there are 2 seats open...lol

gets crowded above three but will put ya in line ,they are actually available about half the time just only one at a time so the chances are good youd be #2 at this point in line .

C
cobias
@thuggin...how bout me and Everett give you $25 each and help you with the boat for a trip ? Plus ill take you on some bobber fishing trips in October. What needs to be done with your boat ? I have tons of tools and space to work on it. Lets us know....me and Ev464 were talkin bout hiting you up for a trip earlier...just let me know.Everett: As far as the upper Siuslaw, i know good holes for nooks but you are more likely to line/floss them with a fly setup then having them bite a fly. Maybe a weighted streamer or light jig under an indicator would be safe.