Chicken Liver for cats??

S

SDfisher

I have used chicken liver in the past and remember it not staying on to well. I was thinking about cokking it up some to tuffen it up so it would stay on. I also like to use mackeral but that seems hard to find around here. What do you think and what do you use??

L

lizardman

Make a bait bag for the chicken liver and you should be fine. take a woman's nyloin stocking and cut a two to three inch square out of it, put your chicken liver in the center of it then pull the corners up until they touch and then spin it closed. you can tie it off with a small piece of thread or fishing line.

Put the bag in the bait loop on your hook and run your hook through a small part of the liver in the bag.

Dave

F

Fishtopher

Heres an idea.

Heres an idea.

Forget the chicken liver, tie up a government officials son. And hold on.

bigcat2.jpg

bigcat.jpg

Just got this in an e-mail. Missing persons reports for the last few years were unsolved, until a government officials son drowned, and the lake was searched....

T

Troutier Bassier

Ive Seen That,
And People say STurgeon are Harmless. What a shame.

Im a Pikeminnow Fisherman and Pikeminnowers have the same Problem.
The Netting works well But if your wife dosent have them,, Then U can just freeze the liver and take it out, put it in a cold Container, Put it on a Treble Hook and it wont fall off.

T

TTFishon

Forget the chicken liver, tie up a government officials son. And hold on.

bigcat2.jpg

bigcat.jpg

Just got this in an e-mail. Missing persons reports for the last few years were unsolved, until a government officials son drowned, and the lake was searched....

I was told that this fish is a whale shark not a catfish.

F

Fishtopher

And so it is. Just a little fun. Dont go all Ikea Bag on me now...:lol:

Not only is it a Whale Shark, but there were no human remains in the entrails....

Just so everyone knows, I got this e-mail from ranch hand:whistle:....

T

TTFishon

I actually fell for it when I first saw it. Not sure if catfish get that big but I have seen pics of huge catfish before.

F

FernRidgeChamp

The best method I have found is to sun-dry them. Not a bad idea to pre-cut them before you leave them in the sun either. It does not take too long, it is best to sun-dry them until firm and moist (a fresh dead worm texture), not jerkified (dry in and out). The point is not to dehydrate, just make it workable on a hook.
I have not tried the method of using pantyhose. Could you better describe the technique of getting the liver bag on a hook?
Thank you,
FernRidgeChamp

Y

youngbuck307

all you do is tie a bait loop on your hook. slide it on the hook then up to the bait loop. wrap the bait loop around it so it can't get sucked off.

H

Hawk

Turkey liver is a little firmer or wrap sewing thread around it. Alum powder will firm it up.

frozen cut anchovie is good fer cats.

Pileworms is the Best

:D:D

Y

youngbuck307

where is a good place to go for cats around portland???? I grew up fishing for the down under the power lines a ways down river from the saint johns bridge but dont know if you can evan get back there anymore this was like 12 years ago if not a few more! O from the bank BTW

T

Troutier Bassier

Glibert River,
Multnomah Slough,
Salish Ponds,
Fairview Lake,
Bybee Lake,
Sturgeon Lake,
Smith Lake,
That little Channel by Smith Lake,

If there is Dirty, Slow moving water,
There is Catfish ther.